• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
piScheduler -- A pilight extension for the daily switch plan
Hope to have a new (testable) version the next weekend .. please follow this thread. Thanks

Wink 
piSchedule vers. 0.7 is here!

The new version's focus is to support pilight vers.6.0 and 7.0 (Note: support of 7.0 Nightly not yet implemented!) with some important improvements for the usability.

A main new feature is the use of "service" to start/stop piSchedule: That way the previous setup with tmux isn't required anymore. piSchedule starts with Raspberry powering up, that way piSchedule got an automatic restart after a power failure also! A previous used day schedule (.ini file) will be re-activated also.

The piSchedule WEB-GUI has some minor reorganizations of the menu structure in the hope to support better the day-to-day use.

Due to some time restrictions not the complete documentation has been updated for the new piSchedule vers.0.7, but both "Overview" pages (DE and EN) give the necessary details for a start. Also the installation and update page are available.

piSchedule vers.0.7 can be installed parallel to any previous version because it uses a different directory structure and different network port.

Enjoy
Günter

For more information see the Overview page:
DE version and EN version

Also see here for
installation/update

Thanks for this great revision of piScheduler. Will you develope a nightly Version of piScheduler thats implement the functions for the pilight nightly?

greets, Daniel Joachims

Thanks for this great revision of piScheduler. Will you develope a nightly Version of piScheduler thats implement the functions for the pilight nightly?

greets, Daniel Joachims

@Daniel
Yes, there is a plan to do it. I know with the pilight nightly which does a different http requesting there ia a problem with current piSchedule 0.7.
I'm looking to set up piSchedule nightly which will/should include also:
-- a different time picker (see http://weareoutman.github.io/clockpicker/) .. which is doing well on my dev system already, but I need to modifiy the install/update routines also.
-- hope to include the weekly plan (as with @framp request)

More ideas?
Guenter

Thank you very much!

Today i installed the piScheduler v7.01. The installation i very simple and without any erros.

The Service start stop is very good and easy to use!

The Longtitude and Latitude will now show correct the same for sunrise/sunset times!

Then it works with the aktually nightly of pilight 7.xx is will be a great dream.

Aktually all functions works without errors fast and simply.

Very very good work from you.

piSchedule Version 0.7.2 updated version!

What's NEW

1. Job Definition -- 'clockpicker'
The old method to set time value of an event on the day schedule is replaced by a ClockPicker:
[Image: clockPicker_piSchedule.png]

2. Weekplan -- Define a day schedule for each day
On the home page of piSchedule it's possible to define for each week day a different day schedule. If there is no day schedule defined for a "new" day, the previous activated day schedule will be reused. This way with two entry the user can define f.e. a day schedule for Monday .. Friday and for Saturday .. Sunday.
[Image: home_weekSchedule.png]

3. Installation
More details about piSchedule usage/installation/upgrade can be found here:
Enjoy

Guenter

Note:
This updated verion 0.7.2 is not compatible with pilight Nightly version .. I'm working for it

Wink 
I'm having a little bit of trouble with running the service. Crying

root@pilight:/home/pi/piSchedule7# ./piSchedule.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./piSchedule.py", line 31, in <module>
import ephem
ImportError: No module named ephem

Could someone give me a hand, please?

Thank you.

Sounds you don't have installed that module!?

The install script has
Code:
echo  ... piScheduler  -- install 'ephem'
sudo pip install ephem

Check for that.
Please note the "update_piSchedule7.sh" only updates the piSchedule programs, not the module like ephem.

Aha, thank you for the reply.

Is ephem a module from pilight?
Do i need to update that first?

Thanks, again :-)

gneandr,

When i use youre install script i get an error.......

root@pilight:~# echo ... piScheduler -- install 'ephem'
... piScheduler -- install ephem
root@pilight:~# sudo pip install ephem
Downloading/unpacking ephem
Running setup.py egg_info for package ephem

Installing collected packages: ephem
Running setup.py install for ephem
building 'ephem._libastro' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -Ilibastro-3.7.6 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c extensions/_libastro.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/extensions/_libastro.o
extensions/_libastro.c:3:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Complete output from command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools;__file__='/root/build/ephem/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --single-version-externally-managed --record /tmp/pip-RUiV1n-record/install-record.txt:
running install

running build

running build_py

running build_ext

building 'ephem._libastro' extension

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -Ilibastro-3.7.6 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c extensions/_libastro.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/extensions/_libastro.o

extensions/_libastro.c:3:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

----------------------------------------
Command /usr/bin/python -c "import setuptools;__file__='/root/build/ephem/setup.py';exec(compile(open(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --single-version-externally-managed --record /tmp/pip-RUiV1n-record/install-record.txt failed with error code 1 in /root/build/ephem
Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log

What am i doing wrong?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect pilight to your hue bridge hannemann 4 3,604 10-26-2020, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Michelebup
  Does piSchedule work with pilight 8.1.1-nightly Peter S 0 2,179 06-29-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Peter S
  pilight-console - an LCD / keypad interface for pilight frenchie71 3 2,053 11-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: curlymo
Wink PHP class using pilight socket connection Dan 0 1,902 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dan
  Controlling a RGB Led Strip over pilight mightyuhu 2 3,018 08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JohannK
  HomeBridge with pilight on raspbian Jurre 10 14,554 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight voice commands kniazio 11 7,683 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: sral
  Python Ping pilight detect mobilephone Cryptomaster 0 2,595 01-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Cryptomaster
  pilight config editor ktams 16 10,281 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ktams
  command processing between pilight and openhab royhofman1989 3 3,411 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: curlymo