• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pilight Nano USB interface
I did notice some weird behaviour with my fake arduino. If I connect the arduino and then start the pilight service everything works as expected, but restarting the pilight service results in only being able to send, just like you described. As sending does still work I did not suspect the arduino. It seems the CH340 might be to blaim after all.

I'm going to try to connect my arduino straight to the tx/rx header on the pi, bypassing the CH340 chip all together. If this fixes anything I will report back

Please notice that the 232 chips are also rebranded and not official ones. But these rebranded chips work better in my experience then the CH540's.

I tried connecting the arduino directly to the Pi's TX/RX pins, but that didn't work (high cpu usage) (yes I connected RX to TX and vice versa). I did not investigate further as I remembered I actually have an original Arduino Nano lying around. The original Arduino seems to work a lot more reliably as pilight receiver.

Interesting issue. I never had issues with fake Arduinos in the past. I tested a few other Arduino clones that I own, and all use the CH340 chip (unfortunately?). I hope I won't run into this issue again in other projects. I'll probably ordersome fake FTDI Nanos.

Hi,

I have a small issue with the Arduino from the Shop.

If it is connected during boot of the Raspberry Pi 2 it does not get recognized as ttyUSB0 (or any other tty device). If I unplug it and plug it in again it works fine.

Is that normal?

This is a linux thing, not the Nano.

Hi together.

Did pilight work with this "USBNano" ?
Signalduino

I want to use FHEM with pilight at this USBNano modul.

Thanx for answer

greez
Sascha

I flashed a "fake" nano (CH340) with the latest firmware. Running pilight on either a raspberry pi 2 or Windows 10 (x64) I am getting different protocols (signals) from pilight-Receive. Running my setup directly on the GPIO pins of the Pi it works as expected (simple setup at the moment with cheap Impuls receivers). Sending with my current setup works OOTB on the Pi, but not on my windows laptop.

I could run the setup just on the GPIO pins, but I would like to run pilight on a windows media server using the nano and another instance of pilight on the Pi2 on the other end of my house to get full coverage.

Where should I start troubleshooting?

Try a Nano with a RS232 instead of the CH340.

If I had an "original" I would have tried that already Wink

From the last 18 pages on the topic I understand that the CH340 nano might or might not work, but I don't understand why I should get different protocol readings from the same sender (device).

Other users report a working setup...

(01-10-2016, 09:14 PM)AirbusRichard Wrote: If I had an "original" I would have tried that already Wink

From the last 18 pages on the topic I understand that the CH340 nano might or might not work, but I don't understand why I should get different protocol readings from the same sender (device).

Other users report a working setup...

There could be something up with receiving codes on a CH340 nano. I have one and it's receiving byebyestandby codes just fine, however I'm having trouble capturing the codes from another protocol I wish to make use of. The remote presses are also being reported as multiple different protocols. Maybe this unknown protocol is similar to a few different ones and pilight is interpreting them all, or something is just broken.

I tried to capture a known working code sent by pilight itself using another CH340 nano. Sending this as a raw protocol message as no effect on the device.

I ordered some new nano clones and they have the FT232R chip. It probably makes sense to use one of those and try and rule out as much as possible. That's what I'm going to do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hardware info lost after pilight restart Rschnauzer 3 199 03-17-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Rschnauzer
Question pilight stopped working sl4m01 3 882 11-26-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: PPacman
  pilight-raw changes output format from 7 to 8 Rschnauzer 1 604 11-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Last Post: curlymo
Question pilight nightly webgui offline after some hours fleisch 4 620 10-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: fleisch
  pilight bugs Ascenion 1 624 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM
  [Solved] pilight service crashing on first webserver access after reboot VrahoK 20 4,252 12-21-2019, 09:46 AM
  pilight-control modify values coolinx 16 3,452 11-13-2019, 08:02 PM
  Bug: double free or corruption in pilight-send blackzombie 12 2,979 10-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: blackzombie
  [Fixed] High CPU usage when pilight usb nano disconnects DieterK 1 949 08-13-2019, 05:43 PM
  problems compiling pilight on Odroid C2 WitchDoctor 101 28,453 03-14-2019, 09:01 PM