• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option to define instance as a master or slave
Sometimes ssdp does not work, for example when you're on a complex network with multiple vlan's and routing between those vlan's. I would really like an option in the configuration file where you can define whether the instance is a master or slave, in case of slave you should also be able to define the master server (i.e. 192.168.1.100:5000).

Thanks for your consideration!

The first pilight instance will always be a master and the second one a slave. You can already set a static port for the daemon and set a daemon to standalone, so it doesn't take part in the adhoc network.

What are the exact issues you are having with this configuration?

(05-23-2014, 12:36 PM)curlymo Wrote: The first pilight instance will always be a master and the second one a slave. You can already set a static port for the daemon and set a daemon to standalone, so it doesn't take part in the adhoc network.

What are the exact issues you are having with this configuration?

The "slave" uses ssdp to discover the master, ssdp sends a multicast UDP packet. When I have two separate vlan's with a router between them, the multicast won't arrive at the master and even of the package would arrive (it's technically possible to multicast over different vlan's) the IP will always be wrong (IP of master instead of router where it's NAT'ed).

It's a very rare set up, so don't make it a high priority. But I can imagine that it will help people who have some network limitations........

What i will do is add a CLI parameter just like in the client, but then for the daemon:
Code:
root@xbian:~# pilight-receive -H
         -H --help                      display this message
         -V --version                   display version
         -S --server=x.x.x.x            connect to server address
         -P --port=xxxx                 connect to server port
So instead having to set the server / port in the settings, you just set it while starting the daemon itself.

(05-23-2014, 03:23 PM)curlymo Wrote: What i will do is add a CLI parameter just like in the client, but then for the daemon:
Code:
root@xbian:~# pilight-receive -H
         -H --help                      display this message
         -V --version                   display version
         -S --server=x.x.x.x            connect to server address
         -P --port=xxxx                 connect to server port
So instead having to set the server / port in the settings, you just set it while starting the daemon itself.

That would be perfect, thanks!

Done

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Done] Confirmation option GUI p4co86 1 2,003 04-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  [Done] force Master / Client martinr 0 1,663 01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
Last Post: martinr
  [Done] Option for WebGUI style (tabs or list) r3bel 1 2,005 11-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: curlymo