• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

[Fully Supported] Arctech Dimmer (KaKu)
The kaku_dimmer protocol sees broken in the current development branch.

This kaku_switch works, but kaku_dimmer doesn't work:

Code:
pilight-send -p kaku_dimmer -u 1 -i 1 -d 10 // doesn't work
pilight-send -p kaku_switch -u 1 -i 1 -t // works

I am trying to contol a kaku AWMD-250 dimmer from a raspberry pi model A.

With LamPi (https://github.com/platenspeler/LamPI-1.8) I am able to control the dimmer, so it should be possible.

Is this broken, or am I doing something wrong?

No issues here.

Last night I tried out to control the KAKU build in dimmers (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/pro.../awmd-251/)

However they did not respond on the "kaku_dimmer" protocol. But when using the kaku remote control they function exactly the same as other dimmers. (press on for turning on press on again to dim press off to turn off)

Does any of you know why the AWMD-250 is not working with the dimmer protocol? Is there a way I can debug? (since it is a receiver it is not sending any messages..)

Thanks Smile

I use the exact same device daily with pilight, so i'm pretty sure it's not the protocol Wink

Maybe add an antenna to the sender?

(06-03-2014, 08:53 AM)curlymo Wrote: I use the exact same device daily with pilight, so i'm pretty sure it's not the protocol Wink

Maybe add an antenna to the sender?

If I don't use the kaku_dimmer but the kaku_switch, the device turns on (only this of course does not give me the ability to dim). So I don't think it has to do with the antenna either.

But if it is working for you I will give it another try then

Thanks for the quick reply Smile

Dear Curlymo,

I have tried multiple times to get the "kaku_dimmer" protocol working with my AWMD-250 mini (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/pro.../awmd-251/) connected to LED spots.

the connecting part:
I use the remote from the ACD3-1000R (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/pro...3-1000r-1/) package to create an id and unit code etc. for the device. After that I set pilight-daemon in debug mode and check what the code of the sended signal is. (for example {"code":{"id":12859250,"unit":3,"state":"on"})

If I do this for the AFR-100 (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/pro...r-afr-101/) every thing is working as a charm. turning on and off with the switch works and also changing dim level is working as it should.

However if I do this for the AWMD-250, I get the following result:
turning the on/off switch to on --> light goes on (okay)
turning the on/off switch to off --> only turns off when dim level is set to zero (not okay)
changing the dim level --> nothing changes.

I have added an antenna, and I'm sure it is not the reception. I really think it is the protocol that is not correctly working. (running latest pilight master branch from ppa)

What can I do from here? I am not a total noob in programming or computer science, however C and RF communication is new for me. But I am well willing to help fix this protocol if but I don't think I will succeed without help

Kind regards,

Mark

I'm using the kaku dimmer protocol daily so i'm pretty sure it works Smile

@Curlymo,
Mark is describing the behaviour for two different types of switches:
The AFR100 works, the AWMD-250 does not.
This indicates to me, that the switches are reacting differently.
(07-26-2014, 12:58 PM)markozz Wrote: If I do this for the AFR-100 (http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/nl/pro...r-afr-101/) every thing is working as a charm. turning on and off with the switch works and also changing dim level is working as it should.

However if I do this for the AWMD-250, I get the following result:
turning the on/off switch to on --> light goes on (okay)
turning the on/off switch to off --> only turns off when dim level is set to zero (not okay)
changing the dim level --> nothing changes.
I have done a code review.
The kaku_dimmer protocol may not necessarily turn off a switch if the dimlevel is set to non-zero.

In arctechDimCreateCode, state is set to minus one (-1), if dimlevel is > zero (0) and arctechDimCreateMessage is called.

In arctechDimCreateMessage, state is set to one (1), if dimlevel is > zero (0).

Depending on how the switch is decoding the protocol stream, i can envision that Marks description is correct and some additional logic is required.

The way i fixed it for the dimmable QUIGG switches is by adding logic to stop parsing the code for switches if the protocol stream contains "dimmer control elements" and to stop parsing the code for the dimmer, if the protocol contains "switch control elements".

For the arctech_dimmer and arctech_switch driver, i assume that checking the length of the protocol stream would be sufficient.

@Mark,
can you post the raw data streams of the remote control for dimming up/down and for turning on/off the same device and unit ?

However, dimlevel 0 is actually the lowest dimlevel, not off.

So, it should be:
In arctechDimCreateCode, state is set to minus one (-1), if dimlevel is >= zero (0) and arctechDimCreateMessage is called.

(07-28-2014, 10:08 AM)curlymo Wrote: However, dimlevel 0 is actually the lowest dimlevel, not off.
I would not assume that dimlevel 0 is not off, it could depend on the internals of the switch.
(07-28-2014, 10:08 AM)curlymo Wrote: So, it should be:
In arctechDimCreateCode, state is set to minus one (-1), if dimlevel is >= zero (0) and arctechDimCreateMessage is called.
However arctechDimCreateMessage sets the state back to one (1) if dimlevel is >= zero (0) - and that matches with the behaviour Mark is describing: the switch does not turn off if dimlevel is not zero, and won't dimm neither .....

----

I do neither own an AFR-100 nor an AWMD-250. But based on Marks description that pilight works as expected with the AFR-100 but not with the AWMD-250 indicates that both switches act differently. As they are supposed to work with the same remote controller, there must be an underlying problem.

I faced three problems during development of the dimmable QUIGG switch variant:
1. the state condition in the protocol is invers for dim commands (i do not think that that is the problem here)
2. parsing the json structure in "protocol"CreateCode does not allow to differentiate between the modes dim up/down and turn on/off (as it is incompatible with the WebGUI).
3. "protocol"ParseCode has to stop for the wrong protocol as it causes problems at application protocol layer.

I guess the only way to clarify the issue is to get from Mark a full set of raw codes from his remote control:
1. Turn AFR-100/AWMD-250 off (raw codes for all off buttons)
1.1a - the same button pressed once only
1.1b - the same button pressed twice
1.1c - the saame buitton pressed three times in a row

2. Turn AFR-100/AWMD-250 on (raw codes for all on buttons)
2.1a - 2.1c as above

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [Fully Supported] Kaku Door sensor (AMST-606) geerttttt 52 23,812 10-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  [Partially Supported] TFA / Conrad Weather Yves 184 10,211 03-31-2019, 05:22 PM
  [Fully Supported] DHT22 IcedEarth 86 31,026 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM
  [Fully Supported] Arctech Old Martin 111 34,826 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM
Last Post: genfersee
  Switch Mumbi m-FS300 display as arctech-switch Rschnauzer 7 1,248 03-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Rschnauzer
  [Fully Supported] Clarus Switches Marcin 69 23,897 01-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Niek
  [Fully Supported] Remote Control Socket (RC101-U/RC201) Sean 18 10,487 01-04-2018, 06:18 AM
Last Post: ettman8
  [Fully Supported] LM75 and LM76 temperature sensor horst_dieter 64 24,709 11-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: edepi
  KAKU Door contact (AMST-606) patrick van der tol 19 7,719 02-28-2017, 12:51 AM
Last Post: wo_rasp
  [Fully Supported] No-brand temp/humidity sensor (alecto_ws1700) meloen 57 34,751 12-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Last Post: creamers