• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

No pilight-[debug/raw/learn] signals received
Hi all,

I bought and wired the supported receiver from curlymo but when I fire up pilight-debug, plight-learn or pilight-raw it seems it does not receive anything.

I've tested and the power and ground pins are ok (used a led). Also, when I do pilight-send the pilight-receive picks up the command.

Now I have a Conrad RSL366T remote and RSL366R wall socket receiver but when I'm pressing the remote buttons debug/raw/learn don't show any signals.

In some cases pilight-raw echoes something after I stop it with CTRL + C:

Code:
pi@raspberrypi /etc/pilight $ sudo pilight-raw -F settings.json
^Z
[7]+  Stopped                 sudo pilight-raw -F settings.json
pi@raspberrypi /etc/pilight $ 433gpio: 1465438011

I searched the forum but could not find anyone having the same issue.
Any ideas?

strange thing. Also with the '-F parameter" ?

You should receive always something with pilight raw. If I need to guess than you probably did not connect it correctly.

Please recheck your wiring.

On the other hand, can you send signals with the sender ? (if you have one?)

I guess when you use pilight-send you will only receive the messages with - origin: sender.
That indicates that the receive part is not working, may be the wrong GPIO-IN port is used.

hi everyone

I'm having the same issue. pilight-receive shows nothing. I don't think my device is in the supported list (simple on/off plugin devices).

I've also tried 433utils with wiringPi and the RFSnifffer DOES work with that, giving results like
Code:

unfortunately, using
Code:
codesend 333116
doesn't replicate the remote's function, hence trying pilight.

so I know my pins are correct (using the wiringPi pin numbers yes?)
Code:
{
        "433gpio": {
                "sender": 0,
                "receiver": 2
        }
}

any ideas?

What sender and receiver hardware are you using? There are certain ones (especially receivers) which are very bad and do not receive very well.

pilight-raw should show you some signals when you run it. If there is absolutely nothing, you should recheck your wiring and try a different receiver.

(04-10-2016, 12:29 PM)pilino1234 Wrote: What sender and receiver hardware are you using? There are certain ones (especially receivers) which are very bad and do not receive very well.
Thanks for the assistance :-)

using these
receiver
sender

Quote:pilight-raw should show you some signals when you run it. If there is absolutely nothing, you should recheck your wiring and try a different receiver.

as I said, running 433utils "RFSniffer" responds when I use my remote (and responds when I use "codesend" too), so the hardware must be working. I must have a config issue with pilight somewhere.

If pilight-raw does not report anything, it is typically a hardware / software setup issue.

Please check the electronic section of the wiki:
https://wiki.pilight.org/doku.php/electronics

Can you please report:
- how you have wired your hardware ?
- how you have configured your settings in config.json ?

thanks WO_RASP. I didn't realise the port numbers were also in config.json. I've changed the receive port from 1 to 2 and now I have floods of data coming from pilight-raw without even pressing anything on my remote. I guess I need to put a filter on my receiver!

Not necessarily, it depends on how many additional tasks you have running on your Pi

send from tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight DIY PCB Kits curlymo 63 28,300 10-22-2019, 02:09 AM
Last Post: pusky
  pilight 8.0 / wiringx / receive ATTINY-TX wupperpi 5 1,248 01-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: wupperpi
  pilight nano usb over Wifi for routers without USB port frenchie71 14 5,865 11-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: frenchie71
Lightbulb Brennenstuhl/Brematic Gateway GWY433 for sending switching signals tomtom 4 3,105 10-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight, Raspberry Pi and sensors for sale kid2000 0 1,392 04-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: kid2000
  parts for pilight rikeshe 4 1,868 12-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Last Post: rikeshe
  Experiences with the pilight DIY PCB Kits troccolo 112 35,728 03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  Use existing wall switch with correct status in pilight? kylex 0 1,308 01-13-2016, 01:27 AM
Last Post: kylex
  For Sale own-made pilight shield. Luppie 3 2,753 10-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Luppie
  control sockets with pilight (broken remote) mistera 16 10,840 05-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Seebueb