• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pilight for dummies? receiving door contact state
Ok, I've searched for a good 2 days now to no avail.

I've got a RaspberryPi with a 433 receiver wired up.

Using a door contact (Home Easy HE305) I can successfully receive it's state via pilight-receive.

Forgive my naivety.. but once getting this far there really isn't much out there to explain what to do next. I.e. how do I use the received state to trigger python scripts etc?

I've tried adding json matching the door contact into the config.json file, but I seem to be getting "pilight-daemon: ERROR: device #2 ... , invalid field(s)" messages when running pilight-daemon -D.

Thank's in advance, any help would be awesome right now! Smile

You can use one of these clients to program things yourself:
https://github.com/pilight/pilight/tree/master/clients

(10-02-2014, 02:26 PM)curlymo Wrote: You can use one of these clients to program things yourself:
https://github.com/pilight/pilight/tree/master/clients

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've had a look at the clients previously and still, my point was there isn't anywhere that actually spells out how to use them.

I'm probably missing something extremely obvious, I'm a web developer by trade so the way the pilight software works is, I guess, relatively new to me.

Sorry for asking what are probably open ended and dumb questions!

If you want out-of-the-box eventing, you currently need to use pilight together with pimatic. pilight just offers a advanced platform that users need to program with themselves.

I don't want out of the box eventing.

In a nutshell, I've already written a PHP/Python based user interface which works great sending 433 commands to devices, via a RaspberryPi + Tellstick.

I wanted to add a receive feature to my system, so I can check the state of doors etc. I can see received 433 signals from my door contact device, I just don't know how to get pilight to then trigger the custom scripts that I've created.

Thank you for your help so far though! sorry to be a pain!

if signal received then trigger script. Meaning you need some eventing witin pilight thats not yet ready/available.

Send from tapatalk phone...

(10-03-2014, 09:43 AM)creamers Wrote: if signal received then trigger script. Meaning you need some eventing witin pilight thats not yet ready/available.

Send from tapatalk phone...

Ahhhhh. Ok, that would be why I can't find out how to do it!

Thank you for the help guys Smile

So you "currently need to use pilight together with pimatic" to get your wish fulfilled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight service crashing on first webserver access after reboot VrahoK 6 31 9 hours ago
Last Post: curlymo
  pilight-control modify values coolinx 16 345 11-13-2019, 08:02 PM
  433nano stops receiving robertkrause 12 249 11-11-2019, 07:50 PM
  Bug: double free or corruption in pilight-send blackzombie 12 351 10-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: blackzombie
  [Fixed] High CPU usage when pilight usb nano disconnects DieterK 1 204 08-13-2019, 05:43 PM
  pilight Nano USB interface curlymo 228 100,639 07-10-2019, 06:14 PM
  problems compiling pilight on Odroid C2 WitchDoctor 101 11,075 03-14-2019, 09:01 PM
  pilight 8 what chages for custom protocols? polo 11 3,195 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Last Post: polo
  pilight-debug shows nothing minhdomanh 3 623 10-18-2018, 07:01 AM
Last Post: felfert
  pilight-send and pilight-daemon DieterK 0 623 06-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Last Post: DieterK