• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
piScheduler -- A pilight extension for the daily switch plan
nice work gneandr ! Thanks for sharing!

piSchedule has been updated!
A python extension for pilight to enable scheduling for switches.

The update follows the pilight development version and is currently based on Nov.24th status
(A further update to the current pilight dev status will be ready later this month)

The revised piSchedule version also features a Browser representation of the status and setup -- to be displayed on your PC or Mobile device.

Have a look for the documentation/installation with further details:
This project is under development, so any feedback (feature set, documentation, coding) is very much welcomed. And please be constructive, it's my very first python/web project Wink

Hello!
I have a problem getting my pischedule running. I have configured everything but when trying to start it, I get the following error:

Code:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi/pischedule# python piSchedule.py piSchedule.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "piSchedule.py", line 52, in <module>
    import piWeb
  File "/home/pi/pischedule/piWeb.py", line 18, in <module>
    responses = piDiscover.piDiscover("urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:pilight:1");
  File "/home/pi/pischedule/piDiscover.py", line 84, in piDiscover
    return [server, getPrefs(), error]
  File "/home/pi/pischedule/piDiscover.py", line 35, in getPrefs
    prefs['port_pilight'] = piPrefs['settings']['webserver-port']
KeyError: 'settings'

What am I doing wrong??

Another thing that I noticed today:
The documentation site does not work anymore. The link is not functioning:
Link

Hi good to hear you "try" to work with piSchedule!

But you struggle because I'm switching to a new version 0.3 which is based on the current nightly (important: not the standard! ver.0.3 is following the new pilight config.json concept!).
It's nearly finished and hope to have it ready and all updated during the weekend.

If you're hot on it ... also I haven't posted on pilight forum try to read/follow this one:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3544...ew.md.html

Feel free to call back for any help

Günter

piSchedule installed on RaspberryPI together with pilight supports time scheduled switching of devices.

The new version 0.3 supports smartphones, tables and PCs running a browser for operation, logging, documentation and setup. That way piSchedule is an ideal and easy to use companion to time control switches.

Have a further look here with piSchedule Overview. It describes how it works together with pilight and has a section for installation also.

Enjoy ... and please call back for any question and if you have further ideas to improve piSchedule

Why did you open three topics about piScheduler?

@Curlymo
... yes, it may not be that elegant. Thought about changing the subject of the previous topic(s) to indicate a major change for piSchedule .. but didn't found a possibility.

If possible feel free to "merge" the three topics with a new subject like
"piSchedule - a pilight extension for time control switches"

If there is a possibility for the topic initiator to change the topic title, please let me know.

Last point: what are the plans/time schedule for the next pilight version with the revised config.json structure to be included in the standard? Need to have changed the doc for piSchedule for that!

The new version will be released as soon as all pilight documentation is updated.

@curlymo

Thanks for 'merging'!

How about adding a piSchedule section on http://www.pilight.org/appsplugins/?

A technical question:
How can I trigger to start "python piSchedule.py" automatically with loading/starting pilight?
Also it would be necessary to start/stop piSchedule also with "service pilight start/stop/restart"
Any API for that?

Nope, that's only possible with systemd / upstart which Raspbian doesn't support.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does piSchedule work with pilight 8.1.1-nightly Peter S 0 1,575 06-29-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Peter S
  pilight-console - an LCD / keypad interface for pilight frenchie71 3 1,352 11-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  Connect pilight to your hue bridge hannemann 3 2,681 01-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Last Post: hannemann
Wink PHP class using pilight socket connection Dan 0 1,503 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dan
  Controlling a RGB Led Strip over pilight mightyuhu 2 2,433 08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JohannK
  HomeBridge with pilight on raspbian Jurre 10 11,548 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight voice commands kniazio 11 5,769 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: sral
  Python Ping pilight detect mobilephone Cryptomaster 0 2,173 01-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Cryptomaster
  pilight config editor ktams 16 7,994 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ktams
  command processing between pilight and openhab royhofman1989 3 2,851 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: curlymo