• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
piScheduler -- A pilight extension for the daily switch plan
(02-01-2015, 04:13 PM)gneandr Wrote: A technical question:
How can I trigger to start "python piSchedule.py" automatically with loading/starting pilight?
Also it would be necessary to start/stop piSchedule also with "service pilight start/stop/restart"
Any API for that?
You can do that with monit
Some more info here and here.

@gneandr, can you write a small piece of text that i can use for the Apps & Plugins page?

@curlymo
... here we go ..
Quote:piSchedule
by Guenter Wahl

piSchedule supports time scheduled switching of devices.
Use your smartphone, tablet or PC running a browser for setup, operation, logging and documentation. piSchedule is an excellent tool to control home lightning also while absence. That way it simulates activities at your home. A day plan can vary with sunrise/sunset or with random offset time.
See also piSchedule Overview . It describes how it works together with pilight and has a section for installation also.

And why should users use your tool instead of the pilight eventing?

Have to confess I'm not that good aware about the pilight eventing, sorry.

You know I have started with piSchedule time before eventing was available in the need to have schedule plan for lighting my home. Limited as is was (compared to the today available eventing), based on that first attempt my goal was to improve the user experience to be able to setup and edit scheduling with a web interface. Today's piSchedule status gives IT un-experienced users the freedom to control scheduling easily ... I hope.

That way I'll improve piSchedule in the future (for me and my family ... and others).

To state an additional differentitor with my description you could change for this:

Quote:piSchedule supports time scheduled switching of devices using a menu driven approach on a web interface using your smartphone, tablet or PC. Only running a browser is required for setup, operation, logging and documentation.
piSchedule is an excellent tool to control home lightning also while absence. That way it simulates activities at your home. A day plan can vary with sunrise/sunset or with random offset time.

I know, but i'm justing asking because users will wonder the same.

Lightbulb 
With the great new pilight 6.0 release it's easier then ever to install piScheduler now with the normal/main repository of pilight.

Make use of piScheduler. For detailed documentation and an installation guide see here

I like you idea to use pilight to trigger events based on the current daylight periods. In particular to switch on lights when it's getting dark and turn them off when the sun is raising in the morning.

That's why I followed your doc - and installed everything with ./install_piScheduler.sh. But when I execute
Code:
piSetup.py Location='yourTown' LogID='yourIDcode'
I get
Code:
geopy.geocoders import Nominatim - No module names geopy.geocoders.
Did I miss something?

@framp, you can also do this natively in pilight. Not discouraging you to use piSchedular...

piScheduler documented how to get this done. I didn't find any doc how to get this done with plain pilight functionality Crying

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does piSchedule work with pilight 8.1.1-nightly Peter S 0 1,558 06-29-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Peter S
  pilight-console - an LCD / keypad interface for pilight frenchie71 3 1,331 11-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  Connect pilight to your hue bridge hannemann 3 2,655 01-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Last Post: hannemann
Wink PHP class using pilight socket connection Dan 0 1,491 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dan
  Controlling a RGB Led Strip over pilight mightyuhu 2 2,415 08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JohannK
  HomeBridge with pilight on raspbian Jurre 10 11,471 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight voice commands kniazio 11 5,726 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: sral
  Python Ping pilight detect mobilephone Cryptomaster 0 2,158 01-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Cryptomaster
  pilight config editor ktams 16 7,939 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ktams
  command processing between pilight and openhab royhofman1989 3 2,830 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: curlymo