• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Support
Hi,
I installed the latest Windows Version and would like to use it in an adhoc Network with a master running on a raspberry pi.
Unfortunately the Windows daemon starts every time in master mode.

How can I configure the Windows daemon to act as an Client

i also tried pilight-control but get some strange error Messages.
c:\pilight>pilight-control.exe -S 10.10.10.232 -P 47613 -d Dose1 -s on
[Apr 07 22:26:03:603429] pilight-control: ERROR: config device #9 "timer1", invalid protocol
[Apr 07 22:26:03:603429] pilight-control: ERROR: the device "Dose1" does not exist

The problem seems to be the timer plugin, which is mandatory because I want to deactivate a plug after a period of time.

Config file of raspi is attached

Attached Files
.zip   config.json.sic.zip (Size: 971 bytes / Downloads: 6)

By making sure the Raspberry Pi daemon is started first.

pilight-control should be pilight-daemon

(04-07-2015, 09:38 PM)curlymo Wrote: By making sure the Raspberry Pi daemon is started first.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I´m sure the pi was running before the windows daemon. In addition I would prefer to use pilight-control, because I can´t guarantee, that the pi is stared before the Windows PC.

For me the problem is definitely the timer plugin which is not supported by the windows version. As sson as I remove this I can toggle a switch on the pi via pilight-control in windows.
how can I teach the windows version to work with the timer plugin?
For information about the plugin see: https://github.com/martinr63/pilight/releases

You need to recompile with mingw and a cmake cross-compiler. That's not easy to explain that's why i first want to know if the windows version works.

Hi Markus,

you can try to use rules for this:

Code:
IF ... THEN switch DEVICE xxx TO off AFTER 30

I'm using mingw without cmake in my company. So it should be possible to compile pilight under windows. But there are 2 problems, I'm very busy at the moment and i'm using linux specific functions for the timing.

So if I get some spare time, Ill try.

Regards Martin

(04-09-2015, 12:17 PM)martinr Wrote: Hi Markus,

you can try to use rules for this:

Code:
IF ... THEN switch DEVICE xxx TO off AFTER 30

I'm using mingw without cmake in my company. So it should be possible to compile pilight under windows. But there are 2 problems, I'm very busy at the moment and i'm using linux specific functions for the timing.

So if I get some spare time, Ill try.

Regards Martin

Hi all,

thanks for the fast reply, the rule based solution is only part of the nightly build. I tried to install this on my system but unfortunately it didn´t work :-(. Maybe I should give it another try.

One question regarding the rules. Is the timer retriggered when the rule becomes true again? I use PIR sensores to recognize movement and want to shutdown devices if 30 minutes nothing happens.

Regards Markus

Nightly documentation can be found on the frontpage.
Also, this is the Windows version topic, not eventing so please give some feedback about the Windows port.

Hi,
correct, thats the wrong Forum, sorry for mixing this up.

Because the nightly didn´t run I continued to try the Windows pilight.
With the pilight-send command it is possible to switch the devices on/off. But I still get error Messages as Messagebox. Is it possible to set some kinde of silent mode, where Errors are only written to the console?

Done. I disabled the MessageBox on Error completely.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odroid C2 support on Kernel 4.14 Jojo 5 607 06-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  Mac OS X support andies 4 1,858 12-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: andies
  Odroid-C1 support terrar 51 19,754 05-31-2016, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jojo
  Ububtu 14.4 64 bit support terrar 30 11,976 05-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Question radxa support terrar 57 18,655 01-05-2015, 06:58 PM