• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pilight Nano USB interface
(06-24-2015, 07:11 PM)curlymo Wrote: Why don't you just make sure your fix the ttyUSB assignments?

Simply because this arbitrary assignment can change over time. If you attach more than one adapter to you board you will get into trouble with different device names over time.
If you want to be sure that this and only this very special adapter gets your preferred and configured device name than it's better to use a udev rule and fix it.
In my case after installation the 2 attached adapters changed their kernel name (ttyUSBX), and only pilight was configured to a fixed ttyUSB1. The other program was able to find the right device name because it is using a symbolic link created by udev. One might get after reboot the same address than before, but you can not be sure, and if you connect our device later all chances are lost.
So for me its the only logical solution to give device names depending on some unique features like the ftdi serial number, and its extremely simple. Just insert a line like
SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0403", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", ATTRS{serial}=="XXXXXX", SYMLINK+="nano0"
to you udev rules and aou are done.
On the other hand there is no need to check for a valid device name with you implemented table because milliseconds later you would get an serious error if you errorneous configured device does not exist (fopen would fail), time enough to check the config...

For me this is only an annoying check with less to no significance.
regards

Can people try the pilight USB nano firmware on the Arduino Uno? The latest nightly code should work for both.

Installed yesterday pilight stable 7.0 with a arduino nano clone using the latest pilight firmware for the nano from github. Works ootb - great!

But I hit the same problem like dc6jn - see two posts above.

I've got two serial USB devices connected (JeeLink and Nano) and can't be sure after reboot, which one will be /dev/ttyUSB0 and which one /dev/ttyUSB1.

I tried to address the correct nano in pilight hardware config clause using both

a) /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0 which is a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB1 created by the Debian Linux kernel
or
b) /dev/ttyUSB99 which is also a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB1 created by udevd using the following rule: SUBSYSTEM=="tty", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1a86", ATTRS{idProduct}=="7523", SYMLINK+="ttyUSB99"

But sadly - both approaches do not work. pilight won't start as long as I don't address the nano directly using /dev/ttyUSB1 (which could be the Jeelink after a reboot) :-(

Any chance to fix this?

Tobi

Install the latest nightly. It does have a hardcoded settings checker.

(08-09-2015, 09:24 AM)curlymo Wrote: Install the latest nightly. It does have a hardcoded settings checker.

Thanks. Now both device mappings (/dev/serial/by-id/... and udev link) are working.

Hi curlymo,

I have one problem using a Nano with a 433 sender/receiver. Used the latest version to flash the nano. Now to my problem:
- Sending is working fine
- Receiving is not working for me

I used the same sender receiver combo on a raspi with GPIO and it worked before, do you have any ideas?

Thanks, Michael

No, should work. Tried reflashing?

Reflashing did not help, but I noticed that it works for some time and then stops... I figured out that the receiver part "hangs" in some situations, mostly after stopping and restarting... Any way to provide a log so you can look at it?

Did you buy the nano from me?

No, bought it on ebay

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to compile pilight with custom protocol code? am i missing something? stanwebber 2 90 07-05-2021, 03:49 AM
Last Post: stanwebber
  hardware info lost after pilight restart Rschnauzer 3 259 03-17-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Rschnauzer
Question pilight stopped working sl4m01 3 957 11-26-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: PPacman
  pilight-raw changes output format from 7 to 8 Rschnauzer 1 641 11-26-2020, 01:52 PM
Last Post: curlymo
Question pilight nightly webgui offline after some hours fleisch 4 694 10-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: fleisch
  pilight bugs Ascenion 1 664 03-23-2020, 06:29 PM
  [Solved] pilight service crashing on first webserver access after reboot VrahoK 20 4,521 12-21-2019, 09:46 AM
  pilight-control modify values coolinx 16 3,631 11-13-2019, 08:02 PM
  Bug: double free or corruption in pilight-send blackzombie 12 3,105 10-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: blackzombie
  [Fixed] High CPU usage when pilight usb nano disconnects DieterK 1 986 08-13-2019, 05:43 PM