• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

PiControl - Control Pannel for pilight [Work In Progress]
Hello,

I'm almost done with the first working version of PiControl, A add-on for pilight which allows you to setup and configure your pilight Setup. I'm doing this as a little side project to practice PHP and jquery.

Here is a demo:
http://youtu.be/6vnhSswufEU

EDIT updated demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnw7qr7sc9ft00...e.mov?dl=0

What do you guys think of it?

Any feature requests?

I like it!

Do you implement all kinds of devices (also sensors, generic_ & gpio_devices)?
Will creating rules be possible?
Sorting & grouping devices in the gui would also be great

As i realized the service has to be stopped for making changes in the config.
So the inegrated webserver also does not work.
How did you solve this?
Terrarium:  RPi Model B Rev 2 / pilight 8.1.2 / stretch
Aquarium: RPi Model B Plus Rev 1.2 / pilight 8.0.6 / jessie

If it works well enough, we can host the scripts on pilight.org. So users can then upload their config, edit it, and download it again.

Great idea!

Another features on my wishlist:
* editor like notepadqq to change and optimize some things per hand
* syntaxcheck of the json-file before download like jsonlint.com does
Terrarium:  RPi Model B Rev 2 / pilight 8.1.2 / stretch
Aquarium: RPi Model B Plus Rev 1.2 / pilight 8.0.6 / jessie

(07-14-2015, 08:05 AM)terrar Wrote: Do you implement all kinds of devices (also sensors, generic_ & gpio_devices)?
Currently the automatic add device page (one from the video), will only add devices that are detected by the receiver and being relayed trough the socket connection(This should also work for sensors). I could implement all other devices in the config editor however the user manually needs to enter the correct values like gpio pins ect.

(07-14-2015, 08:05 AM)terrar Wrote: Will creating rules be possible
Currently it parses the rules currently however I haven written a GUI capable of displaying the rules other then as a line of text. I could probbebly add a dummy proof GUI, which would have some basic rules like a IF statment.

example:

If {Select Device Here} is {action} then change {Select other Device here} to {action}
If "datetime.hour" is "22" then change "Outside Door Lamp" to "On"

(07-14-2015, 08:05 AM)terrar Wrote: Sorting & grouping devices in the gui would also be great
I could implement this later, however you can currently only change the order of the groups.

(07-14-2015, 08:05 AM)terrar Wrote: As I realized the service has to be stopped for making changes in the config.
So the inegrated webserver also does not work.
How did you solve this?
I currently hacked my way around it. What it does is writes the new config to a temporary file. After which it runs a bash script, which is being ran as root(security issue) then stops the pilight service, and if it's not shutdown in 10 sec it kills it. Then it overwrites the config file with the new config file, then it starts the service again.

It would be nice if there would be a better feature for this, maybe send the config trough the socket, then let pilight check if the config is valid and wouldn't prevent a startup, if not then write that config to file and continue using that.

(07-14-2015, 08:38 AM)curlymo Wrote: If it works well enough, we can host the scripts on pilight.org. So users can then upload their config, edit it, and download it again.
Some features would work on pilight.org, but most features require to connect to the socket port of pilight. So people would be required to port forward there socket port. Not even starting with the problem that the php files are only written to support 1 config at a time.

If you where talking about "Remote Access Without Port Forwarding & Static IP" It currently works by opening a reverse ssh connection on port 5001, which isn't the best way to do it, however I haven't though of a other way to forward there setup.

Quick update on this project:

video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnw7qr7sc9ft00...e.mov?dl=0

I wrote a install script that will install nginx as a proxy infront of pilight, which is handeling all the php, and forwarding the rest to pilight. I created a better config writing system. Since nginx fallback to its own webserver when pilight fails to start & everything can now be run trough php, so no need for some nasty bash scripts.

The automated remote editor is fully working, has a test screen to check if the settings work for you switch.

I made some great progress on the config editor which *On request* is completely running client side in javascript.

I also started working on adding protocol for controlling the temperature of the smile thermostat, which in the netherlands is know as "Anna" from De Nederlandse Energiemaatschapij. This protocol is kind of working 50% of the time. There are still a lot of bugs that freeze the raspberry or pilight. Since I'm new to javascript the config editors progress is going slow. I hope to have a working version of the editor available within 2 weeks.

Is there a chance for release this panel?

(08-30-2015, 09:15 AM)kniazio Wrote: Is there a chance for release this panel?

After I was done, I kinda forgot about it.

Next week when I have some time I'll try to make a install script for it. Because It requires nginx and needs to change some config files.

(11-04-2015, 03:13 PM)Jurre Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 09:15 AM)kniazio Wrote: Is there a chance for release this panel?

After I was done, I kinda forgot about it.

Next week when I have some time I'll try to make a install script for it. Because It requires nginx and needs to change some config files.
We all wait with impatience Smile

We wait, we wait, we wait Smile)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight & piSchedule works fine but no webgui Sven 4 1,846 01-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Sven
  [Android] illumina, a pilight remote phdd 62 53,380 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  Plenary - An alternative webGUI for pilight mitch187 20 18,462 03-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  [solved] pilight on Browser - no entrys Areon 5 3,407 03-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Balauue
  webgui pilight 6.0 iphone / android browser Jeroenk 3 3,480 02-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: serge
  GUI for pilight ktams 32 16,366 10-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ktams
  [solved] pilight not work with Config NowHere 5 4,796 06-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Last Post: NowHere
  [Android] pilight android 4.1+ UPDATED 5/5/15 Zatta 103 94,154 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Last Post: koos147
  [Android] pilight Wear schdef 3 5,794 04-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Last Post: schdef
  [Android] Tasker pilight Kiwi 6 11,103 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: bkmann