• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wiringX pin numbering
Hi (CurlyMo),

On http://wiringx.org/ a table is given under GPIO numbering > Raspberry Pi. I have an RPi 1 B+, so for the big 40-pin connector I look at the first two tables (header 1-40).

In the B+ schematic (from this page), also GPIO numbering is described. This does not match with the column "Name" on the wiringX page. What is this numbering? For me, as a RPi1 B+ owner, it is confusing. (Is this numbering from another (not RPi1 B+) model?)

In addition: header pin 35 is connected to GPIO19 in the B+ schematic (also here and here), but wiringX says 0v (and no wiringX number). Could you give the correct wiringX number, since I have designed a PCB using it and like to use pilight with it.

Thank you in advance for the answers and keep up the great work!
Wouter

Quote:On http://wiringx.org/ a table is given under GPIO numbering > Raspberry Pi. I have an RPi 1 B+, so for the big 40-pin connector I look at the first two tables (header 1-40).

In the B+ schematic (from this page), also GPIO numbering is described. This does not match with the column "Name" on the wiringX page. What is this numbering? For me, as a RPi1 B+ owner, it is confusing. (Is this numbering from another (not RPi1 B+) model?)
That's because the B+ doesn't have the P5 header. So instead of having different numbering across the different board, i choose to unify them. That means that in this case, the lack of P5 header gives a gap in numbering (and a difference with the Raspberry Pi numbering).

Quote:In addition: header pin 35 is connected to GPIO19 in the B+ schematic (also here and here), but wiringX says 0v (and no wiringX number). Could you give the correct wiringX number, since I have designed a PCB using it and like to use pilight with it.
The wiringX page ofc can contain mistakes. Please check and fix it when needed.

(09-30-2015, 09:18 AM)curlymo Wrote: The wiringX page ofc can contain mistakes. Please check and fix it when needed.

Wow, that statement got me puzzeled Wink, how could I fix something I don't know Surprised

But after some testing, I came up with the attached table.
Colors
  • Light green = tested as output OK
  • Dark green = tested as input OK
  • Red = incorrect
  • Light blue = power
  • Dark blue = do not use this pin for general I/O
Sources
And I found the following
  • (At least for my RPi 1 B+) WiringX numbering should be WiringPi numbering
  • (partly assumed, because not all tested) All 24 (GPIO4-GPIO27) pins can be used as output using protocol relay
  • Only low numbers (7 works, 23 and 25 do not) work as input using protocol gpio_switch (reported as bug)

So please
Thank you!
woutput

P.S. Yes I am a fan of structured information Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for your work! If you like structured informatie, you are at the right place. Problem is that it's hard to do everything by myself with a job and such.

Is it possible for you to fix the wiringx site in a pull request on the wiringx github?

(10-04-2015, 11:59 AM)curlymo Wrote: Is it possible for you to fix the wiringx site in a pull request on the wiringx github?

Done.
My first GitHub action, I hope it works out Smile
EDIT: Merged, website updated

Hey,

thank you, had the same problems and nearly got crazy about it.
Your table helped, but can you please give the link to the git page you updated?

Thank you!

Some information about GPIO20 and GPIO21 on B+ boards:

HW PIN 38;  GPIO20;  WiringX 28
HW PIN 40;  GPIO21;  WiringX 29

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [wiringX] bananapiM2 gpio 0 and 1 pin mode setting limits beaming 4 1,782 05-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Last Post: beaming
  wiringX terrar 1 2,775 11-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: curlymo