• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Incompatibility in handling of rules:
@curlymo,

Originally i thought that there is an RF issue present, causing the switches not to turn on/off as intended.
But generic switches do not act as intended either, thus the bug seems to be more subtle, and it does not seem to be GUI related neither.
The same config.json file is working reliably using the development branch.

I have a set of generic switches, and use their state by:
- using rules to store an intended state condition (GEN_SW_x)
- using the WEBGUI to modify an intended state condition (ACT_SW_x)
- using the WEBGUI to visualize the state condition (GEN_SW_x and ACT_SW_x)
(with x a number between 1 and 9)

I use the GUI to set the state of 4 generic switches (ACT_SW_x) to ON or OFF. Rule 3 is using the state of those switches as a logical AND condition to determine whether a real switch should change its state or not.

I use the GUI to monitor the state of real hardware switches (in my case quigg_gt7000 switches); and to turn those switches ON or OFF manually. The special issue with those switches is the long 80000µS footer, that needs to be obeyed.

I have a set of rules.
Rule 1 is turning the state of GEN_SW_1 to the ON or OFF state, based on sunrise/sunset time (ON one hour before sunrise, OFF at sunrise; on at sunset, OFF 5 hours after sunset)
Rule 2 is sending me an email whenever the state of GEN_SW_1 changes
(that e-mail is sent no matter whether the state is changed via the GUI, or via a rule)
Rule 3 is turning multiple real switchs (in my case quigg_gt7000 switches) to the ON or OFF condition, based on the state of GEN_SW_1 and ACT_SW_1)

a)
I can now monitor, that I get the e-mail regarding the state change of GEN_SW_1, indicating that the sunrise/sunset rule was triggered, or the GUI was used to change the state.

b) I can monitor on the WEBGUI, that the state of GEN_SW_1 has changed.
c) I can monitor on the WEBGUI, that for some of the real quigg switches the state has changed as well, but typically one or two of them do not.

In real life,
- the quigg switches typically do not turn on or off, when the state of GEN_SW_1 changes.
- the quigg switches act eratically when i change the state of the GEN_SW_1 switch using the WEBGUI
- they always react when i change the state of the quigg_switch using the WEBGUI.

Due to the fact that everything works as intended with development, I would appreciate of getting some hints of where to look at, to nail the problem down.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Incompatibility in handling of rules: - by wo_rasp - 03-10-2016, 10:17 AM