• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQTT subscribe/publish in pilight?
First my preemptive apologies, in case I missed the obvious answer, but I cannot find any info or discussion regarding how pilight could publish (or subscribe) to an MQTT broker. Now I cannot imagine that I am the first one who has this thought/question, but googling or searching the forum for MQTT and pilight did not yield anything.
What did I miss?
Appreciate your patience and any pointers

You haven't missed anything I think Smile

I haven't heard or seen anything about it either, so you might just be the first person to have come up with the idea. On the other hand, I don't really see the point/need of implementing this in pilight now.

Thanks @pilino1234
I have been researching this option to evaluate whether pilight can communicate with other services/home automation platforms, thinking that this would allow fairly wide connectivity to and from pilight, but at least I am relieved that I did not miss something blatantly obvious....

hey,

pilight is a wonderful product if you use the same hardware and a very stable connection.
I have some bad experience with mixed hardware (especially virtual hardware).

Is there any (short term) plan to include this?
Off course we could always script our way around but that wouldn't beautiful solution.

Mark

I'm also interested in adding the MQTT functionality to pilight, would be nice if it was implemented.

Hi to all, thread is pretty old, but are there any news regarding the mqtt integration in pilight? I would like to use it, reading ultrasonic values (water height in my cystern) from an esp8266 (Wemos D1 mini). Jesco

Not sure if this topic is still up to date, I use several MQTT (SonOff) devices. All are controled by a python script which is called by pilight with related arguments for MQTT topic, message and pilight Device ID to return the current state.

(11-17-2017, 09:36 PM)Chekov Wrote: Not sure if this topic is still up to date, I use several MQTT (SonOff) devices. All are controled by a python script which is called by pilight with related arguments for MQTT topic, message and pilight Device ID to return the current state.

Hi Chekov, do you want to publish your python scripts? Can you provide some more information?

Alexander

(12-31-2017, 12:24 PM)xelarep Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 09:36 PM)Chekov Wrote: Not sure if this topic is still up to date, I use several MQTT (SonOff) devices. All are controled by a python script which is called by pilight with related arguments for MQTT topic, message and pilight Device ID to return the current state.

Hi Chekov, do you want to publish your python scripts? Can you provide some more information?

Alexander
Hi Alexander,

Enclosed the Python script and pilight device config. 
If you need further information let me know.

Attached Files
.txt   PyTxRx.txt (Size: 1.92 KB / Downloads: 92)
.txt   Device.txt (Size: 305 bytes / Downloads: 71)

(01-02-2018, 11:52 AM)Chekov Wrote: Enclosed the Python script and pilight device config. 
If you need further information let me know.

Hi Chekov, 

it works! Now I have something running to play with Python/MQTT. Thanks!

Alexander

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight switch node in node-red framp 0 197 06-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Last Post: framp
  MQTT external Broker (not local) configuration nicky 3 213 06-02-2020, 05:00 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  pilight-control TML 13 845 05-27-2020, 07:51 AM
  API Requests by HTTP from other devices fore use in pilight scootermacro 2 376 05-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Last Post: scootermacro
  MQTT cannot be disabled on nightly image ayeyebrazov 5 343 05-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Last Post: ayeyebrazov
  MQTT subscribe to a weather station? peteratoce 5 379 04-08-2020, 07:17 AM
  pilight-send seems successful but doesn't actually send RF signal ayeyebrazov 37 3,034 03-31-2020, 01:02 PM
  pilight 8.1.5 not working on Raspberry pi after reboot beejayf 4 815 03-08-2020, 12:14 AM
Last Post: beejayf
  pilight cpu usage possibly associated with noticeable sluggishness? hepcat72 4 861 01-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: hepcat72
  apt.pilight.org stable Release' is not signed. thomasol 2 913 01-23-2020, 11:34 PM
Last Post: thomasol