• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eventing system on windows
Porting the new pilight version to windows seems to be a lot harder than i expected. The biggest drawback is that in linux, everything can be polled by poll (e.g. sockets, serial, files, pipes, etc) but in windows only sockets work through select (poll is not supported). So get console input, socket communication, serial io, in a non-blocking manner to work major work needs to be done.

I tried to walk that path to port the pilight eventing system to windows, but i'm currently investigating if libuv does what i need. libuv is the main eventing library used in NodeJS and does nearly everything we need. To speed up this investigation is trying to make proof of concepts or even port parts of the new pilight rewrite code to libuv.

The biggest problem at this moment is getting the pilight usb nano to work on windows. If someone can create a proof of concept for the 433nano hardware module in libuv that would greatly reduce my development time.

Creating multiplatform proof-of-concepts for the threadpool, socket communication, console input is also appreciated.

At least you guys know what i'm working on at the moment.

But first, i'm going to enjoy my holiday vacation.

Reading this post I got the idea trying to compile pilight directly under Windows and using it with a Adruino Nano. This would reduce my compile time alot, because I am remote compiling with a raspberry pi at the moment.

The problem I ran into are the missing poll-files within Windows. Are these providing the functionality you are talking about and Windows is missing out?