• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pilight doesn't show the right status in webgui
If I open the webgui and change any status from off to on or from on to off and i refresh the page, it shows the status which i wrote in the config and not the actual one.

Any ideas?

I'm using the latest pilight nightly. I think with the latest stable release I do not have this failure.

Thank for any help.

solved it by using a stable version. The nightly had also problems in adhoc network. the other notes won't connect if note A is running a nightly. If the nightly is note b it connects to a note a with a stable version.

so problem is back again. pilight does not show the latest status of a switch. Everytime i open the webgui a switch has the status configured in the config.

Any help?

okay, solved it again. Had to restart the note b with the nightly build more than 3 times. But right now, it works again.

I'm having the same issue here with the latest nightly and development compiled from git. Except reboot did not solve it for me. Already checked the permissions of the config, it is good i think: 644.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G850F met Tapatalk

I can not confirm this behaviour on my machines (pi2 / pi3, Windows PC using Firefox as Frontend).

@gregnau,

Let us start with some analysis.
pilight configuration:
1. Can you provide the details of the section:
devices { ....}
gui { .... }

2. Are there any rules defined ?

Hardware environment:
Can you post
1. the details of your
- Hardware used, e.q. raspberry pi1, pi2, ..
- OS software used (cat /etc/os-release)
2. Firmware used (uname -a)
--> on a pi it should be something like
--> Linux pi_65 4.4.23-v7+ #913 SMP Tue Oct 4 14:16:19 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

3. The pilight version you are using  (pilight-daemon -V)
3.1 Can you provide more info on how you created your pilight environment ? (stable/nightly package, own compilation from github, ...)

4. Are you running pilight in standalone or in an adhoc network configuration ?

5. On the box you run your browser on:
5.1. What OS are you using ?
5.2. Have you tried different Browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, ...) Is it the same with all of them ?
5.3. Have you tried to clear the browsers cache (F5)
5.4. Have you tried to force your browser to download all data again ? (refreshyourcache.com has an exhaustive list for a lot of environments).

(11-13-2016, 02:05 PM)wo_rasp Wrote: I can not confirm this behaviour on my machines (pi2 / pi3, Windows PC using Firefox as Frontend).

@gregnau,

Let us start with some analysis.
pilight configuration:
1. Can you provide the details of the section:
devices { ....}
gui { .... }

2. Are there any rules defined ?

Thanks, but i've found the 'uuid' option in the kaku_switch_old config was causing the issues. I've put those there in hope it will send on the specified node's radio only. Unfortunately pilight still sending the commands on all nodes radio, regardless the uuid option. Though it causing the switch states are not get saved, instead restored to the config.json on every refresh.

For example:
Code:
"photoscherm": {
            "uuid": "0000-b8-27-eb-eaaa73",
            "protocol": [ "kaku_switch_old" ],
            "id": [{
                "id": 1,
                "unit": 1
            }],
            "state": "on"
        }

I had the same idea some time ago, and learned, that this is not really the case with V7 (that only affected machines will transmit the associated data), thus i removed all uuid definitions from my config file for the time being ...

@curlymo,
Am I right that the UUID will make a difference for users of the re-write branch ?

Yes, that's one of the changes in the rewrite branch.

Yes it seems like 433 protocols doesnt use the uuid option yet. Though it works fine for me on other protocols like program.
I can't wait to see v8, looking forward for it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G850F met Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight Nano USB interface curlymo 228 94,064 07-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  problems compiling pilight on Odroid C2 WitchDoctor 101 8,663 03-14-2019, 09:01 PM
  pilight 8 what chages for custom protocols? polo 11 2,655 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Last Post: polo
  pilight-debug shows nothing minhdomanh 3 470 10-18-2018, 07:01 AM
Last Post: felfert
  pilight-send and pilight-daemon DieterK 0 505 06-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Last Post: DieterK
  Lights not switched on or off by rules in pilight 8.1.0 rorie 22 2,296 06-12-2018, 03:56 PM
  WebGUI emtpy since 8.0.8 Dergo 14 2,061 02-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Dergo
  check API in pilight 8 stratege-0815 4 1,270 02-11-2018, 09:34 AM
Last Post: stratege-0815
  CONTACT devices | Webgui wupperpi 2 625 01-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: wupperpi
  pilight-receive terminates zackdvd 8 1,506 12-30-2017, 09:07 PM