• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect pilight to your hue bridge
I have wrote a little python program that connects your pilight instance with the hue bridge.

https://github.com/hannemann/pilight-hue-bridge

To control hue lights, groups, scenes and transitions configure generic devices in pilight as shown in the readme and create a hue user. Configure the hue bridge ip and user in the configuration file.

I don't have a multi pilight setup hence its not tested within multi instance environments.
arctech_old: ELRO AB660 Switches, AB440R Remote
kaku_old: Intertechno CMR-500 Switch, ITS-150 Remote
currently not supported: LED Driver

Thanks, it looks nice.

There is also a pending Pull Request (#216) for a c programm from our user @ma-ca using the REST-API, with some minor issues pending.

Based on the work of ma-ca, i have fixed the minor issues in my own pilight github branch. You will find all details for setting that version up in the WIKI, including the link to my github repository. I am keeping that special pilight development branch updated with the main development V7 branch on a regular base.

The protocol in its current version supports lights on, off, and dimming. It integrates into the pilight rules engine as well. IMHO opinion either one approach (e.q. using the philips hue bridge) this is the best method to integrate the philips hue environment into pilight.

To read more about this particular philips-hue implementation, the details and the issues, please read the following thread in this forum.

I agree with the opinion mentioned in the above thread, that it will be possible to use the ZIGBEE protocol for the lamps and devices instead. It basically means that pilight removes the need for the hue bridge.

However I assume that most users of hue devices also do own the philips bridge, and bypassing the philips bridge or integrating the philips bridge into an overall concept will require proper addressing of various setup issues and integration of all existing hue devices, most notably the HUE TAP and HUE SWITCH.

I do not think that more efforts will be spent into this version before the base pull request #216 is accepted.

Those PR's will be integrated in the new pilight version. Until then you can use the codebase from @wo-rasp.

I did not know that hue integration is already in a useable state (did not search for it at all). Great to hear Smile

The main purpose of the program was to learn more about python and fight boredom during holidays Wink
Anyway, one who wants to use the pilight version from the repository can use it to control the bridge via pilight.
arctech_old: ELRO AB660 Switches, AB440R Remote
kaku_old: Intertechno CMR-500 Switch, ITS-150 Remote
currently not supported: LED Driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does piSchedule work with pilight 8.1.1-nightly Peter S 0 1,559 06-29-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Peter S
  pilight-console - an LCD / keypad interface for pilight frenchie71 3 1,333 11-21-2017, 11:15 PM
Last Post: curlymo
Wink PHP class using pilight socket connection Dan 0 1,493 11-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dan
  piScheduler -- A pilight extension for the daily switch plan gneandr 159 64,675 08-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: gneandr
  Controlling a RGB Led Strip over pilight mightyuhu 2 2,419 08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Last Post: JohannK
  HomeBridge with pilight on raspbian Jurre 10 11,494 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight voice commands kniazio 11 5,735 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: sral
  Python Ping pilight detect mobilephone Cryptomaster 0 2,164 01-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Cryptomaster
  pilight config editor ktams 16 7,950 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ktams
  command processing between pilight and openhab royhofman1989 3 2,834 07-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Last Post: curlymo