• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rewrite unit tests
Ideally, you run the tests on a clean system. Just like travis.

@pilino1234, can you check if the arp tests still work for you?

Code:
There was 1 failure:
1) test_protocols_network_arping: /home/linoM6400/git/pilight/rewrite/tests/protocols_network_arping.c:484: expected <4> but was <2>

But it's for a wacky reason: a device on the local network responds to the ARP request for AA:BB:CCBig GrinD:EE:FF, even though it has a completely different MAC. Dunno why this is, still debugging.

Edit: will test latest commit

Edit2: Latest commit works, no failures Smile

Hello,

what is the state of the test-suite? Can i use it to develop a new protocol?

Currently to test my new protocol i upload the code to my raspberry compile it and run it, to see whats happen.

It would be nice to write a test with the raw input and to see if the decoding works.

You can already use pilight-raw for that purpose, but the test suite is also a possibility.

(12-12-2017, 06:50 PM)curlymo Wrote: You can already use pilight-raw for that purpose, but the test suite is also a possibility.

Is there a description how to use pilight-raw to develop a new protocol? Do i have to use a 433mhz receiver?

pilight-raw functionality can be found in the manual:
https://manual.pilight.org/protocols/generic/raw.html

It just forwards the raw pulses to pilight as if it were received. For sending i would use the development code. That version allows you to send and receive at the same time so you can see if the sent code is received as you intended it to. But, for that to work you must first make sure you are parsing received codes correctly.