• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

No link from manual-pages to main page?
It seems there is no way back from manual.pilight.org to the main page.
The pilight logo there links to the manual- index page (whereas on forum.pilight.org it links to pilight.org).

Is this by intent? Maybe a known issue?

PS:
The about-us link on the main page,
https://www.pilight.org/aboutpilight/
also redirects to the manual... bug? intended?

Both intended but i'm open for suggestions. The manual pages sources can be found on github development branch.

Well i'd say it would be a better user experience if there was an obvious way (back) to the main site.
A link below/above the logo for example.

Linking the logo to the main site has the downside that some might expect the current behaviour of linking to the manual-index.

So i'd say at least it would make sense to have the logo link with the same logic on the manual and the forum...

Also, surfing around i realize it's a pain to not have  easy click-paths between manual and forum...

I guess some kind of top navigation on all sub-sites with links for Main Site | Manual | Forum would make sense.
Then, the logo's could each link to the sub-site's index

I've looked into this and sphinx doesn't allow this.

(03-26-2018, 09:39 PM)curlymo Wrote: I've looked into this and sphinx doesn't allow this.

Well I guess sphinx only generates the HTML, which u then serve through some Webserver, right?
This here,
http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/web/...our-webapp
Reads like you COULD have your own app, where you have some elements first and then include the sphinx elements. 
But off course, I don't know sphinx, this was just a quick glance...

The point is that i don't serve a part of sphinx, but i run a full sphinx online with a webhook. As soon as a commit is done to the development branch, the manual is automatically rebuild. No manual labour required.

Iv'e signed off on the "Gravity filtering of WVO" page.
Its appearing under "categories", when you go to Vegetable oil pages, but not appearing on the main menu.
Also, the link to the picture remains as a link, and the picture does not show.
Can someone help with this please?
Thankyou.

Ah yes... This post was created with XRumer, most popular tool for auto-posting on forums and blogs.
XEvil 5.0 helps to bypass most of antibot-protections, it's can break all most popular captchas, such as ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3 ;)
XEvil compatible with all known SEO-software: GSA, SERPParser, ZennoPoster, RankTracker, etc.
So if you want to promote your website fast and world-wide: XEvil is must-have tool in your arsenal ;)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User manual curlymo 44 36,895 03-18-2021, 04:15 AM
Last Post: JuliaTheow
  New manual pages curlymo 8 13,128 01-14-2021, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Fagtreag
  Manual error for Globaltronics Quigg GT-1000 Micha 3 2,237 12-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: wooGot
  Broken about-us link sirtet 1 9,022 03-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: pilino1234
  Broken link in shop sirtet 1 8,425 03-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Last Post: pilino1234
  User manual: error in wiring schema for USB nano? Fabrizio 0 2,992 11-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Fabrizio
  improvement in wiki function page Peppi 2 2,995 06-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Peppi
  Error on Wiki Examples page troccolo 2 7,291 06-16-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Peppi
  Typo on FAQ page BigSjedow 5 5,313 03-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Last Post: koos147
  error on wiki pilight-deamon page fredegeld 1 3,984 06-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: curlymo