• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching speed?
Information 
Recently I've upgraded from CentOS 7 + pilight 7 to OpenHabian (Debian-based) + pilight 8 (8.1.4). Since upgrading, toggling switches in a somewhat faster, consecutive manner stopped working. E.g. on -> off -> on for any given light will not work. On -> wait (2sec) -> off -> wait (2sec) -> off will work though.

My hardware setup is identical to before: a RPi 3b+ with an USB-connected Arduino with the pilight RX/TX set.

Any clues how to debug / solve this? Thanks!

And why is this an issue in a practical manner?

(12-10-2018, 10:50 PM)curlymo Wrote: And why is this an issue in a practical manner?

It happens quite a lot that a device / switch is toggled, but to no avail.

For example:
- turning multiple lights off at more or less the same time when I go to bed (sometimes I'm too fast, sometimes I just forget I have to wait)
- "mistapping" a switch on my phone (which implies multiple toggles in little time)
- explaining this too the lady of the house (her logic: "it worked just fine before, it should work equal or better after upgrading")
- fiddling with rules and timers, sleeps between consecutive commands etc. 

Would it be better (and possible) to revert to pilight 7?

Have you tried adding little delays in the rules. Like:
Rule A:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 250 MILLISECOND
Rule B:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 500 MILLISECOND

Rule C:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 750 MILLISECOND

Reverting pilight versions is explained in the manual. I'm curious to your findings.

(12-12-2018, 11:26 PM)curlymo Wrote: Have you tried adding little delays in the rules. Like:
Rule A:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 250 MILLISECOND
Rule B:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 500 MILLISECOND

Rule C:
Code:
IF ... THEN ... AFTER 750 MILLISECOND

Reverting pilight versions is explained in the manual. I'm curious to your findings.

Delaying when using rules does work.. in the case a rule / script is used to toggle a series of switches. Yet when multiple rules fire at once, using a sleep-construction stops working. That being said.. I mostly run into this issue when toggling switches by hand. 

I'll give reverting to 7 a shot in a week of 2 and I'll get back to you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kaku_screen switching problem Gisi 20 4,342 12-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Andybros
  start python script by switching a generic switch jurkla 0 1,244 05-24-2016, 02:08 PM
Last Post: jurkla
  Sending a signal to a receiver, switching a LED- ideas? jjj 3 1,266 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Last Post: jjj
  direct URL for switching devices TRIROG 4 1,489 01-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TRIROG
  Switch webgui on switching with remote possible? Scarala 3 1,870 08-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Scarala
  Switching light ON or Off al together? mike 4 2,697 06-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post: curlymo