• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After upgrade to 8.1.5 "433gpio pulse buffer full"
Hi,

I use pilight for years now and really appreciate it's functionality. However with v8.1.5 it stopped working for me. First I tried the staging branch. MQTT is really what I'm looking for. When that did not work I tried 8.1.5. 

The Setup
  - Orange PI with Armbian
  - 433Mhz sender and receiver with low-pass filter installed. 
  - DHT-11 sensor connected to gpio
  - This config.json works well for quite some time now.

.txt   config.json.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 2)

The Issue

Version 8.1.3 work perfectly. No issues whatsoever. 

After the update to 8.1.5 however the system load increases right after startup until the system freezes. Last system logs I get show a load of 30+ then remote access is gone.

Looking into pilight log file (level 6) I it's flooded with "433gpio pulse buffer full" messages:

Code:
(/home/pi/AddOn/pilight/libs/pilight/lua_c/wiringx.c #513) [Jul 01 15:19:48:713834] NOTICE: 433gpio pulse buffer full

.txt   pilight-v815-log.txt (Size: 26.68 KB / Downloads: 3)

The log in 8.1.3 is clean. So I suspect  something went wrong on the road to 8.1.5. 

What can I do to debug and help solving the issue. I really like to test the MQTT features. It may allow me to remove openHab which bridges between MQTT and pilight at the moment.

Thanks,
BB

So, you already test the very latest nightly?

Hi,

thanks for the fast attention! Yes, I did try the latest code from the staging branch. It shows the same messages in the log. However the nightly manages to completely crash the system. Within seconds after starting pilight-daemon it did not even answer to ping requests anymore.

Regards,
BB

(07-03-2020, 09:13 AM)bodo Wrote: Hi,

thanks for the fast attention! Yes, I did try the latest code from the staging branch. It shows the same messages in the log. However the nightly manages to completely crash the system. Within seconds after starting pilight-daemon it did not even answer to ping requests anymore.

Regards,
BB

Since you posted in "my" thread as well, I feel so free to give a small advice Smile : Always specify the exact version you are using. "the latest code from the staging branch" or "8.1.5" is ambiguous (there are over 100 releases with the version number 8.1.5 in the staging branch - also the term "latest" is a moving target). You can find out the exact version in different ways:

1. Using dpkg eg:
    Code:
    dpkg -l pilight
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name           Version             Architecture Description
    +++-==============-===================-============-===============================================================
    ii  pilight        8.1.5-110-g1af4c284 amd64        Efficient and performant domotica server with a small footprint

2. Looking in the logs. When starting the daemon, it writes the version (slightly different but still unique) in the log:
The important part are the trailing hex digits in the version. Those are a git commit hashes which identify the exact commit from which the binary was built. If you had posted the exact version in the first place, curlymoo would not have needed to ask you, wether you are using the very latest versions.
Just my 2 cents.

(07-03-2020, 09:13 AM)bodo Wrote: Hi,

Regards,
BB

Since you posted in "my" thread as well, I feel so free to give a small advice Smile : Always specify the exact version you are using. "the latest code from the staging branch" or "8.1.5" is ambiguous (there are over 100 releases with the version number 8.1.5 in the staging branch - also the term "latest" is a moving target). You can find out the exact version in different ways:

1. Using dpkg eg:
    Code:
    dpkg -l pilight
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name           Version             Architecture Description
    +++-==============-===================-============-===============================================================
    ii  pilight        8.1.5-110-g1af4c284 amd64        Efficient and performant domotica server with a small footprint

2. Looking in the logs. When starting the daemon, it writes the version (slightly different but still unique) in the log:
    Code:
    (/home/pilight/source/daemon-dev/daemon.c #3089) [Jul 28 17:00:18:540443] INFO: version v8.1.5-nightly-3093ad8e

The important part are the trailing hex digits in the version. Those are a git commit hashes which identify the exact commit from which the binary was built. If you had posted the exact version in the first place, curlymoo would not have needed to ask you, wether you are using the very latest versions.
Just my 2 cents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: 433gpio send buffer full HuberDe 3 567 10-31-2019, 12:10 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  433gpio platform error after raspbian dist upgrade HuberDe 2 772 10-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Last Post: HuberDe
  Problems after upgrade with switching on and off multiple lamps consecutively Mario.Steinberg 30 4,510 05-02-2019, 05:15 PM
  Elro 800 issues after upgrade to 8.0.9 TomiB 2 970 01-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Last Post: TomiB
  Finding the pulse train to operate blinds joaovhs 17 3,575 01-16-2018, 07:20 AM
  Upgrade to jessie+pilight+kernel failed witty 10 2,968 01-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Last Post: witty
  Improvements on pulse detection wo_rasp 7 2,093 01-10-2017, 07:10 PM
  pilight-debug with nano reporting incorrect pulse lengths? jackjansen 7 2,905 01-24-2016, 06:17 PM