• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

[Android] AndPiLi
Hi All,

I've had nothing to do today, so i've create an Android app to control our pilight installations.

Please tell me what you think. Features will be added, but first I want to make this release (more) stable.

Update:
AndPiLi is available in the Play store!

Known issue(s):
  • 13. I press buttons when the connection is lost, then connect to the network, all previous actions (without the wifi on) get's executed still. Like it buffered all previous actions.
  • Andpili ignores min en max dimlevels

Fixed in beta, not yet in store:
  • No SSPD discovery yet

Recently fixed:
  • the order of the config file is random
  • none of the gui elements get updated properly when i control them in e.g. the webgui
  • The protocol optional settings are respected yet
  • implement screen device type
  • implement readonly devices

You can become a beta tester by joining the Google+ community, and then opt-in for beta testing. After some time you should get an update notification from the play store for AndPiLi.
Please report errors you find!

Kind regards, and happy apping!
Tedvdb

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

AndPiLi developer

If you want i can give you access to a pilight repository, then we have all pilight related projects in one place?

Also, i know of another developer working on a Android app, so maybe you guys can join forces? One request from my side is to support at least version 2.3.6 as a minimum because that's the phone i have.

I'm not sure about releasing the source. It is much easier to take all the decisions alone, but I don't know if I'll have the time to maintain it. If that's not the case, I will make the source publicly available.

Currently Android 2.1 or higher should be supported. I only have a 4.3 device, and haven't tested other Android versions in the emulator yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
AndPiLi developer

Hi,

I've been working on an app as well. I'm still struggling to get a proper, reliable connection to the daemon so you are ahead of me, well done!

My goal is to have a STICKY service running while connected to the proper wifi network and use as little resources possible and that is roughly where I am now.
I hope to have this done sooner or later, it is taking more time than I expected due to my limited (none) experience with TCP/sockets..[/align]

meanwhile, I've downloaded your app with this result:
pastebin.org

To know if you're still connected, just use the heartbeat function. Then you can create a timeout between the last sended "HEART" and received "BEAT" to check if you are still connected. The Java App will close itself after a certain amount of time, when you stop pilight-daemon.

If you are connected to the right wifi network is of concern of the user. When the connection to the daemon is lost, just close the app with a message.

(11-11-2013, 02:01 PM)curlymo Wrote: To know if you're still connected, just use the heartbeat function. Then you can create a timeout between the last sended "HEART" and received "BEAT" to check if you are still connected. The Java App will close itself after a certain amount of time, when you stop pilight-daemon.

If you are connected to the right wifi network is of concern of the user. When the connection to the daemon is lost, just close the app with a message.

That is not my idea of how things should work but that might just be me.
I don't want the connection to be dropped/lost when leaving the app, I want it to be kept open (at least when the user wants it to be kept open and I'm muy main user) so that doorbell rings will be pushed/read the app. Also, I want to monitor my temp sensor when not in the app.

Right now it seems to be necessary to use the heart beat to keep the socket open, not just to detect its state (without sending something sometimes I can keep the socket connected for a couple of minutes max)

Anyway, I will struggle on and meanwhile support this initiative with reports if possible.

[COLOR="Orange"]Taptalked u see .. əəs n pəʞlɐʇdɐʇ[/COLOR]

You should be able to keep the connection open without heart beat. The heart beat is just meant to see if the daemon is still running or not.

I'm not a programmer but just trying to think along. Instead keeping it open, could you also use "Google Cloud Messaging for Android" to push notifications ? Or maybe an free online service to push notification? I believe d0m0t1cz has something alike if I remember correctly....

@Tedvdb, great work! I think, if you publish it opensource, you get even more response and help with your app...

Great that you're are thinking with us here but please, lets not use anymore cloud services or what so ever as nessecary, so even people that care about their privacy can use pilight Wink

(11-11-2013, 09:00 PM)curlymo Wrote: You should be able to keep the connection open without heart beat. The heart beat is just meant to see if the daemon is still running or not.

Okay, it should. But for me it doesn't :dodgy:

In the meantime:
[Image: gejyjada.jpg]

[COLOR="Orange"]Taptalked u see .. əəs n pəʞlɐʇdɐʇ[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Android] illumina, a pilight remote phdd 62 31,921 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  webgui pilight 6.0 iphone / android browser Jeroenk 3 2,828 02-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: serge
  [Android] pilight android 4.1+ UPDATED 5/5/15 Zatta 103 59,110 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Last Post: koos147
  [Android] pilight Wear schdef 3 3,358 04-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Last Post: schdef
  [Android] Tasker pilight Kiwi 6 6,494 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: bkmann
  Latest Android apps clach04 0 1,911 11-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Last Post: clach04