• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

[Android] AndPiLi
Hey,

1) I tried the automatic search and it forced close the app and reopens it right after it.
2) Adding the settings manual, it failed to connect? I have to enter the same address as i do when opening the webgui, correct?

I'm on 4.4 with the nexus 5

It also crashes here when i want to save the automatic discovery settings.

But i'm wondering. When i press save, does it then connect with the ip:port next time or automatically discovers again? It should do the last. So, every time an app starts, it should again automatically discover pilight and connect (when i select automatic discovery).

New version
I did lots of small fixes, no new features. Mostly streamlining the SSPD/Setup wizard implementation.

(01-19-2014, 09:21 PM)IcedEarth Wrote: 1) I tried the automatic search and it forced close the app and reopens it right after it.
2) Adding the settings manual, it failed to connect? I have to enter the same address as i do when opening the webgui, correct?

1) Maybe this update wil fix that crash
2) Yes, only the port is different. Default the webinterface is in port 5001, and pilight is listening on port 5000.

(01-19-2014, 09:47 PM)curlymo Wrote: It also crashes here when i want to save the automatic discovery settings.
Should be fixed in this release. Please let me know!

(01-19-2014, 09:47 PM)curlymo Wrote: But i'm wondering. When i press save, does it then connect with the ip:port next time or automatically discovers again? It should do the last. So, every time an app starts, it should again automatically discover pilight and connect (when i select automatic discovery).
Currently it is connecting to the same ip/port when starting again. It doesn't start discovery again. I want to make AndPiLi as fast as possible, so I didn't implement discovery this way. If it's better to implement it the way you described, I will change that.
AndPiLi developer

By default the port pilight runs at is dynamic. Only if the user sets the port staticly you can connect dependent on the ip:port. Dynamic discovery will be as fast as users want it Smile I never use differently.

I personnally carry my raspberry with pilight with me every two weeks. I have it connect to multiple wifi networks so the ip adress tends to change so for me it would be better to dicover it every time again.

Thanks, two good arguments to do discovery on start (if set on automatic). I will change the implementation then Smile

I'm also working on implementing a widget to turn all (not-readonly) switches and dimmer off with one click.
AndPiLi developer

New version, again Smile
Also published as beta in Play Store.

Added widget, not functional yet. Only starts AndPiLi.
SSDP discovery now tries discovery every time at start if autodiscovery is enabled.
AndPiLi developer

New version. Also as beta in Play store.

- Fixed crash in setup wizard (Thanks someone with a i9300)
- First edition with working widget. Please report back if this works! Widget should switch all devices off.
AndPiLi developer

(01-28-2014, 12:25 AM)Tedvdb Wrote: (Thanks someone with a i9300)
You are welcome Smile
If you ever need more logging or whatever, contact me.
ATM I am working on Tasker support for my app, I'll follow with widgets when this step is done. Did you also notice the web gui isn't woring properly?
http://forum.pilight.org/Thread-Web-gui?...77#pid3377

Something else, why don't we cooperate?

Sinds pilight version 4.0 is in development AndPiLi not showing any devices anymore Crying

Did CurlyMo an update to the "request config" message?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Android] illumina, a pilight remote phdd 62 50,784 08-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  webgui pilight 6.0 iphone / android browser Jeroenk 3 3,406 02-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: serge
  [Android] pilight android 4.1+ UPDATED 5/5/15 Zatta 103 90,115 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Last Post: koos147
  [Android] pilight Wear schdef 3 5,551 04-14-2015, 04:48 PM
Last Post: schdef
  [Android] Tasker pilight Kiwi 6 10,651 04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: bkmann
  Latest Android apps clach04 0 2,370 11-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Last Post: clach04