• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Doorbell
I am in need for a protocol for a doorbell-like function. Right now the deamon sents only once a message to the guis when a button is pressed (say "light on"). Besides that, a doorbell like function for a button needs its own type in the config, so far I know of three types:
  1. switch
  2. dimmer
  3. weather
There might be more that I don't know of but I think of type 4) doorbell.

I don't have a doorbell but I think any kind of sender can be used as one. So, basically, I want to use an (any) existing protocol that we can define in the config.json, maybe like this:
Code:
"FrontDoor": {
            "name": "Some rings the door",
            "protocol": [ "impuls" ],
            "id": [{
                "systemcode": 8,
                "programcode": 8
            }],
            "settings": [{
                "doorbell":1,
                "states": "on",
                "readonly":0
            }],
            "state": off
        },
or
Code:
                "doorbell":1,
                "states": "off",
                "readonly":1
            }],
            "state": on

If we allow the protocols to have a doorbell setting it should be possible to have the deamon to reset the state to off again (with a delay of say one second) after having received a "swich on signal" and thus write a message to the guis multiple times for the same button.

Another nice thing with this approach, we can use the unused buttons of the remotes for other purposes as well then (switch all on/off, what not?)

What are your thoughts?

Great idea, hopefully this will extend into taking a cam snapshot at the frontdoor Wink

Would it be an idea to be able to execute an script (.sh) on a signal like the doorbell ?

My idea for a doorbel protocol would be to have a function that when a doorbell is received, a notification arrived in the GUI. So instead of having a fixed button / slider and such, you just receive a message.

Transforming a switch protocol to a doorbel protocol won't be supported. You of course can always do that yourself by parsing the received switch and sending a doorbel message as a response.

Quote:My idea for a doorbel protocol would be to have a function that when a doorbell is received, a notification arrived in the GUI. So instead of having a fixed button / slider and such, you just receive a message.
That is also my idea.

Quote:Transforming a switch protocol to a doorbel protocol won't be supported. You of course can always do that yourself by parsing the received switch and sending a doorbel message as a response.
That can not be done because the daemon only sents the received signal to the quis only when a change of state happened. Maybe just a autoreset function for switches can overcome this. It would at least make it possible to assign functions to unused buttons on remotes for custom actions like group switching and stuff for people who do stuff with scrips and what not.

Code:
                "autoreset":1,
                "states": "on,off",
                "readonly":1
            }],
            "state": off

It is, you just don't realize it yet Wink

If you use one of my clients and let it act as a receiver instead of gui they will receive all message.

Great idea.

I have a wireless doorbell (bought 8 years ago at the 'Karwei'). It would be nice that if someone rings this doorbell that my lights at the front of the house go on that i control with the kaku cm-1000 device.

I also have the kaku AMST-606 that now put on my patio lights when the door is opened. Downside is now that this does not see if it is dark outside....

I have a related question.
I have a wired doorbell who connected by I2C to my Raspberry as doorbell extender and logging.
It is nice that it also give a message in the webgui by pilight.
I think maybe a trigger to pilight by a generated "string" or "value".
Is there already a protocoll to use or somebody has a solution or wil help me?
Maybe a generic/universal trigger protocol? Big Grin

Reporting in, I need also an autereset option in a protocol. Not for a doorbell, but for an alarm door/window sensor. Only difference is the reset delay I guess. Doorbell reset should be quite fast, Alarm reset should be longer. Making this configurable seems the best option. Using a (python) client is a nice workaround, but not a final fix imho.

Feature requests can be posted in the appropriate section.