• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit
Hello, this weekend I took the plunge to leave the breadboard and solder my things on an Adafruit Protyping Pi Plate Kit that I have bought a couple of months ago.

Because I use an Impuls sender the LPF is not really working for me so I left it out of my setup. What I use is the Schmittrigger. In that way I get good, square interrupts on the GPIO pin (I use 18) and it is always either 0,0 VDC or 3,3 VDC.

I have added a header to fit a RazBerry (Z-wave daughterboard) and a header to fit a ds18b20 temperature sensor. The wires to the GPIO pins are connected by jumpers going from the sender/receiver/ds18 via two headers. That way I can take the domotica stuff loose and use the GPIO pins on the adafruit board for other little projects (that I currently don't have but I'll never know..)

An album with picture descriptions can be found om Imgur here.

a picture from the top, only pilight stuff connected:
[Image: u8wvwGLl.jpg]
my soldering skills pictured:
[Image: 0Ku7iK1l.jpg]
the complete setup with ds18b20 and razberry connected:
[Image: zQblEc0l.jpg]

Stuff used:

Thanks for sharing! However, you really should learn how to solder "lanes", not that difficult...

Also, for electronic parts. Check dickbest.nl in Holland or reichelt.de in Germany (international shipping).

thanks for the tip on dickbest.nl!
And yes, as for the soldering, I had to do it with limited materials. Bad tin, bad iron. I'm glad everything still works Smile

curlymo Wrote:However, you really should learn how to solder "lanes", not that difficult...
Hm.. can you elaborate? Tried Google but nothing useful showed up at "soldering lanes how to"..

It means connecting one hole to another by just using tin:
[Image: bloemoppepper4.jpg]

This picture just shows straight lanes, but you can also connect them with corners in them.

Ah..

I get it.

Was hoping for some fancy soldering technique what would make my brobeling look professional Wink

Today I had to do some maintenance on my pilight, so finally I had the chance to make some pictures of my Adafruit Prototyping Plate.

[Image: IMG2631.th.jpg] [Image: IMG2632.th.jpg] [Image: IMG2633.th.jpg]

The sender and receiver are placed in some headers, so they are easy to replace. The first receiver broke within 3 months (still waiting on a replacement), but can be replaced without soldering. Also I have a 7404 (Inverter IC) mounted on it to connect my smart kWh meter to my Pi.

I prefer this shield above any other shield or PCB, because of the screw headers, making it possible to connect virtually anything (1-wire, GPIO, DH11, etc), without soldering.