• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Node support changed?
I just wanted to connect two different RPi's using the client/server/node system, but it seems it is no longer configured this way?

Code:
pi@raspberrypi2 /etc/pilight $ sudo service pilight start
[....] Starting : pilight[Dec 30 12:46:25:324748] pilight-daemon: ERROR: setting "mode" is invalid
failed!

pi@raspberrypi2 ~/pilight $ sudo pilight-daemon -V
pilight-daemon version 2.1, commit 0ae096f

If I compare daemon.c in master and development branch, it is missing the part where it looks for the setting MODE.

Master branche, line 1365
Code:
if(settings_find_string("mode", &stmp) == 0) {
                if(strcmp(stmp, "client") == 0) {
                        runmode = 2;
                } else if(strcmp(stmp, "server") == 0) {
                        runmode = 1;
                }
        }

development branch line 1430
Code:
if(ssdp_seek(&ssdp_list) == -1) {
                logprintf(LOG_NOTICE, "no pilight daemon found, daemonizing");
        } else {
                logprintf(LOG_NOTICE, "a pilight daemon was found, clientizing");
                runmode = 2;
        }
        sfree((void *)&ssdp_list);

Couldn't find anything new in the wiki/forum.

If you start a second pilight instance, it will become a node automatically.

Thanks, after your post I saw the connections when running the daemon with console logging.
I hope I can dive into the node stuff tommorow, since I will be having 2 RPi's permanent with pilight.

I still need some work on the node support thing. Especially when you have sensors connected to each of these RPi's.

Is there anything I can do to help for testing?
This is my personal setup I have in mind:

1 Raspberry pi in meter cupboard with RF sender and receiver. Shouldn't be a problem to cover all of my wireless devices. Wired connections : 1 GPIO relai, 1 DS18B20

1 Raspberry pi in bathroom without RF. Wired connections : 2 GPIO relais, 1 DHT11

One of the two relais in the bathroom has to react on the state of a KaKu device located in the bathroom and detected buy the other pilight instance.

That setup is currently not supported. You can only help if you can program well enough to implement some stuff. I know what needs to be changed, but didn't have time to do it.

Sorry, that's out of my scope

(12-30-2013, 01:27 PM)curlymo Wrote: If you start a second pilight instance, it will become a node automatically.
Can you change this in a optional setting? I don't see any reason why multiple pilight instances on the same subnet should talk to each other by default.

Also, where can I find information about what is communicated between node and what node B is doing with information pushed by node A

Quote:Can you change this in a optional setting? I don't see any reason why multiple pilight instances on the same subnet should talk to each other by default.
Why not?

Quote:Also, where can I find information about what is communicated between node and what node B is doing with information pushed by node A
Everything node A does, node B does as well.

Why not?
See your answer below, why should I receive information between 2 pilight instances that are not related to each other? Useless network traffic Wink

Quote:Everything node A does, node B does as well.
Hmm .. when I duplicate the config from one pilight to another, it's not updated ?
Perhaps due to different commits ? (pilight-daemon version 2.1, commit db19041 and pilight-daemon version 2.1, commit 0ae096f)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows Support curlymo 35 18,450 06-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Leo
  Odroid C2 support on Kernel 4.14 Jojo 5 661 06-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Last Post: curlymo
  Mac OS X support andies 4 1,932 12-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: andies
  Odroid-C1 support terrar 51 20,323 05-31-2016, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jojo
  Ububtu 14.4 64 bit support terrar 30 12,201 05-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Question radxa support terrar 57 19,095 01-05-2015, 06:58 PM
  [Fixed] GPIO at second (clientized) node isn't triggered easy12 12 7,718 04-28-2014, 02:13 PM
  [Solved] Disabled PHP support error lvdp 4 5,446 02-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Last Post: meloen