• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

eHome Switches
somehow development stopped here, sadly!

It's implemented within pimatic-homeduino now! With a lot help from @Icesory I created a new switch (which hopefully soon finds it's way in pimatic-homeduino)

I'd like to post this link for future reference:
https://github.com/pimatic/rfcontroljs/pull/23

If you can create it in pimatic, why not in pilight itself?

And as you might have seen on github, i can only focus on one thing at the time. I'm currently working on big feature request such as the config rewrite and eventing. When that's done, i will implement some protocols again. I also added support for the Hummingboard, Radxa, and BananaPi. So development has clearly not halted but shifted in priority a bit.

(11-21-2014, 11:14 AM)curlymo Wrote: If you can create it in pimatic, why not in pilight itself?

And as you might have seen on github, i can only focus on one thing at the time. I'm currently working on big feature request such as the config rewrite and eventing. When that's done, i will implement some protocols again. I also added support for the Hummingboard, Radxa, and BananaPi. So development has clearly not halted but shifted in priority a bit.

No mean to offend ;-)
Just the eHome development stopped, since a lot of people were interested in a protocol but since development started not many contributed..sadly!

I got some help as you can see on github to implement it in pimatic. Although I moved the entire sending/receiving to pimatic-homeduino, since the arduino reacts much more "instant" compared to the pi. I for myself don't need a native pilight implementation. But I wanted to share the result so others that are looking for a pilight implementation have a point to start.

And no means to offend likewise Wink but i found it hard to believe that the arduino is any faster that a direct GPIO interfacing on the Raspberry Pi.

My Setup was the following:

pimatic running on dedicated server (zbox with i5)
raspberry pi running pilight & a calendar overview on a 22" Monitor

So every sending/receiving will follow this way:

switch ~~433mhz~~ raspberry pi ---lan--- router ---lan--- zbox (and reverse)

You'll see, this isn't efficient.

Now I have the arduino connected to the zbox - Signal is a lot more "instant" also when the pi was on high load (cause of updating the Interface etc.) it's missing pulses or sending is interrupted..so I got corrupt sending/receiving which results in an unreliable behaviour or feeling when using the system (at least my girlfriend though so..)

Of course, in those cases it will be faster. I will releaes the pilight arduino implementation soon so it will be again faster then pimatic Wink All in pure C.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unitec Switches rien-ne-va-plus 48 32,893 05-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bitboy
  RSL366T Switches juri 60 30,393 05-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Last Post: bobg
  [Fully Supported] Clarus Switches Marcin 69 29,683 01-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Niek
  Unitec / Intertek Switches dieterhatn 1 1,382 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: pilino1234
  CLOSED: Unbranded White Programmable plug-in wall switches alasdairc 8 3,200 11-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Last Post: alasdairc
Brick Aukey Switches VrahoK 5 2,236 11-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  DBPower Switches joaoasilva 5 3,437 09-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: joaoasilva
  Support for Schwaiger/Goobay switches plinden 10 6,569 05-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post: curlymo