• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Best parts for receive signals with pilight
Hello,

I follow the wiki and test some receivers. Now I have the "Expensive" Aurel ones and can't reach the 30m that are tested by curlymo. (Receiver wiki without an antenna)

With different type of antenna the best distance is ~ 5m with a 17cm straight metal pin.

What I see is a lot of numbers running on the screen when I start the pilight-raw mode without pressing any sender. Also the CPU is loaded with 15% only with pilight.

Question 1: What is the best Antenna design? Streight 17cm pin or any other small thing...

Question 2: How to prevent flooting the GPIO with mass of numbers? Read some threads about hardware filters. Are there any shematics available so I can build my own?

Question 3: I used a humble Pi board to put the sender/receiver and pegel converter on. Are there enough peoples that have interest in a "pilight PI shield" with all needed parts on it like Aurel receiver/ cheep sender / pegel converter / low pass filter as ATTiny?

BTW: Big thanks goes to curlymo.

Regars Peter

question1: Search the forum, you will find a thread about antenna's
question2: use a filter, you see noise what probably also disturbs your 'good' signals.
question3: For now use the band filter link

Have fun!

Don't forget this link if you want to build it yourself: http://forum.pilight.org/Thread-Band-pas...ew-version

Thanks for the quick Answers.

Best Antenna looks like is a 17.3 cm pin. But there are some other threads that says lenght should be 62.5cm or 57.2cm.

So I am a little confused because inside the Intertechno_Old switches there is only a short straight metal that is ~3.5cm in lenght and the switch receive the signal without problems over 12m!

I will add an ATTiny filter and test if this will improve the receive lengh.

Regards Peter

Filters dont increase the range, they only decrease the noise.

I'm interested in some comparison. Does the expensive aurel receiver receive signals any better then the standard advised receiver from the wiki? I have 3 receivers at the moment, all around the same price and they all seem to respond equally.

So, if there is a receiver which does a better job, or a antenna design (currently i use a helical antenna from ebay), i would really like to know it Smile

The wiki receiver review is based on my experiences with the most popular receivers.

I also experience equal reception with the 2 best ones (Aurel and Shenzhen), only the prices differs (more than € 10,-).

My first hardware goal was to create an all purpose and cheap filter. That has been achieved and working well. The next goals is to develop or find an all purpose proper antenna. Until then you can still use the ad-hoc network functionality of pilight to increase range across the house.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pilight nano usb over Wifi for routers without USB port frenchie71 15 13,211 01-04-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: MyCreditDom
  pilight DIY PCB Kits curlymo 63 70,358 10-22-2019, 02:09 AM
Last Post: pusky
  pilight 8.0 / wiringx / receive ATTINY-TX wupperpi 5 3,638 01-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: wupperpi
Lightbulb Brennenstuhl/Brematic Gateway GWY433 for sending switching signals tomtom 4 6,150 10-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: tomtom
  pilight, Raspberry Pi and sensors for sale kid2000 0 2,569 04-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: kid2000
  parts for pilight rikeshe 4 4,661 12-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Last Post: rikeshe
  No pilight-[debug/raw/learn] signals received bassabaws 8 10,449 04-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Last Post: wo_rasp
  Experiences with the pilight DIY PCB Kits troccolo 112 68,284 03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  Use existing wall switch with correct status in pilight? kylex 0 2,282 01-13-2016, 01:27 AM
Last Post: kylex
  Band-pass filter parts curlymo 60 85,252 01-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post: gneandr