• 10 dec 2017: forum version update. In case of issues use this topic.
  • 30 nov 2017: pilight moved servers. In case of issues use this topic.
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Band pass-filter (new version)
My Telldus system is still better at receiving, but pilight is doing a great job! I don't believe that the reason for the Telldus to perform better is software related. It either has a better receiver or antenna.

For the pilight I have a simple curled up wire as antenna, which probably isn't the best in the first place. Also I have no idea what receiver the Telldus uses. The pilight setup is doing a hell of a job and soon I will integrate pilight in my custom home automation software.

To give a concrete example: The Telldus and pilight are roughly in the same place of my living room. When I sit at the other side of the room and block the signal using my own body Telldus still does a better job. But when I don't block the signal with my body pilight works excellent.

This is something for the future though. In principle I notice pilight is working excellent with the new filter. And only 1% of CPU usage :-) Things are looking good!

Cheers for all your excellent work!

(03-08-2014, 10:22 PM)Mojo81 Wrote: My Telldus system is still better at receiving, but pilight is doing a great job! I don't believe that the reason for the Telldus to perform better is software related. It either has a better receiver or antenna.

For the pilight I have a simple curled up wire as antenna, which probably isn't the best in the first place. Also I have no idea what receiver the Telldus uses. The pilight setup is doing a hell of a job and soon I will integrate pilight in my custom home automation software.

To give a concrete example: The Telldus and pilight are roughly in the same place of my living room. When I sit at the other side of the room and block the signal using my own body Telldus still does a better job. But when I don't block the signal with my body pilight works excellent.

This is something for the future though. In principle I notice pilight is working excellent with the new filter. And only 1% of CPU usage :-) Things are looking good!

Cheers for all your excellent work!

So is this with the same receiver? What is that Telldus? I don't know that one.

I'm also still looking for better reception and the best antenna/receiver combo...

I just received the new lpf. After wiring it up on a breadboard, pilight did no longer receive anything. pilight raw shows an endless stream of noise. Is there any way to check if the firmware and the microcontroller is ok? I am back to the old lpf for now. @curlymo: I hope you can help

Can you check your CPU usage when the BPF is connected and pilight-raw running. It shouldn't be more than 5%
Code:
PID   USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S  %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
2898  root      20   0  9716 3188 2540 S   1.0  0.8   0:02.76 sshd
14731 root     -56   0 19620 1340  872 S   1.0  0.3   0:00.15 pilight-raw
14752 root      20   0  4628 1368 1028 R   1.0  0.4   0:00.54 top

Anyone tried to program the firmware on a ATTiny84 with Arduino IDE/compiler (on windows)?
I copied the code, but a testcompile is showing errors: "'TCCR1' was not declared in this scope"

The included AVR libs are on my system

I don't think the arduino will work. Why don't you just flash it with your Raspberry Pi?

Grabbing the USB programmer was easier than hooking up wires from the pi-plate Wink

(03-21-2014, 04:24 PM)curlymo Wrote: Can you check your CPU usage when the BPF is connected and pilight-raw running. It shouldn't be more than 5%

There is not more than 5% CPU-load but the problem is that when I connect the new filter I get a constant stream of data from the filter. If I connect a LED to the output of the filter it is flickering like crazy. pilight fails to receive any command from my intertechno-remote with the BPF. Do I have to change anything in the config? I am using 433gpio.

Edit: Even if I only connect a jumper-cable to the input of the filter it is producing a lot of noise.

The filter doesn't remove all noise so it supports impuls as the most difficult protocol. If only arctech switches are used the noise could be removed with a little adjustment, however the current noise is too low to be a problem. So the filter is programmed with as much compatibility as possible.

I tested all filters myself before shipment so I know they work. Please check your connections again.

@curlymo: After reconnecting everything again I wanted to report again. The filter works. CPU usage is around 1%. Still if I run pilight-raw I get a nonstop flow of readings. Is this normal? With the old lpf I had nearly no noise at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bandpass filter problem mayonezo 13 2,096 01-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Last Post: mayonezo
Question Passive Component Band-pass filter ripper121 8 1,393 12-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Last Post: wo_rasp
  Filter kit in 315 receiver? ceandre 1 1,086 04-14-2017, 10:10 PM
  Low Pass Filter and Receiver in Series? re-post Gustavo Woltmann 1 1,219 03-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Last Post: pilino1234
  Filter settings in config.json Saiyato 100 23,634 02-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Rainbow Lowpass filter - how DOES it work? DE8MSH 6 2,739 10-07-2016, 09:25 PM
  Low Pass Filter and Receiver in Series? Hauke 3 2,401 08-30-2016, 08:25 AM
  New filter version curlymo 0 1,253 04-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Last Post: curlymo
  Band-pass filter parts curlymo 60 57,167 01-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Last Post: gneandr
  low pass filter francois.leprieur 3 1,928 12-20-2015, 10:18 AM